Happy August friends! It’s a new month so that means a whole new monthly meal plan. I know, I know, it’s technically the second week in August. I can’t believe I totally missed out on the whole first week!
I feel like I have been pulled in 20,000 different directions lately between the Haven Conference, being out of town last weekend, then filling in at my very very part time job, my Etsy shop going crazy and then trying to work on some behind the scenes stuff here. Whew! I’m just exhausted typing it all out.
I have to say though, it was so nice to be home last weekend and just have a chance to catch up. I don’t usually do a ton of work on the weekends, but I really had no choice this time. I’m still not 100% caught up, but I’m getting there. Now if I could just find some time to actually clean up and organize my office I would be set. It’s so hard to put my head down and work when my workspace is a disaster!
But enough about all of that! You’re here for the monthly meal plan right? Well, this month is all about keeping things simple for us. I’m sure a lot of you need some simplicity too with August being back to school time. We’ve got some fun planned for this weekend with my brother and sister in law that I’m looking forward to, but other than that, this month is just all about getting work done and caught up before pumpkin everything explodes (not that I mind it at all).
We are still sticking to our ketogenic diet, but have started to up our carbohydrate intakes slightly. Instead of staying at 20g per day, I have upped it to 35g. So far it’s still going well! If you aren’t following a ketogenic diet, a lot of the recipes I share for our meal plans can be served with a rice or pasta side, or even with some fresh bread.
Monthly Meal Plan for August
- Monday–Baked fajita chicken and a large salad
- Tuesday–Grilled pork chops, cheesy cauliflower casserole
- Wednesday–Lettuce wrapped BLT’s, cucumbers in ranch dressing
- Thursday– Chili lime skillet chicken with roasted asparagus
- Friday– Camping!
- Saturday– Camping!
- Sunday– Baked garlic and Parmesan chicken legs (I use this recipe but for legs) with roasted broccoli
- Monday– Chorizo, egg and veggie skillet
- Tuesday– Slow cooker pulled pork (sugar free BBQ) over cauliflower rice. Sounds weird but DELISH
- Thursday–Grilled chicken salad
- Friday– Beef stir fry with cauliflower rice
- Saturday–Cream cheese and spinach stuffed chicken (recipe soon-ish)
- Sunday– Lettuce wrapped bacon cheeseburgers, cottage cheese, roasted broccoli
- Monday–Yellow curry (cauliflower instead of potatoes)
- Tuesday– Lettuce wrapped BLT’s, cottage cheese
- Wednesday– Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli bake
- Thursday– Crock Pot Italian beef over cauliflower rice
- Friday– Fat head pizza
- Saturday–Grilled steaks, mashed cauliflower, roasted brussell sprouts (recipe soon!)
- Sunday– Baked salmon, asparagus
- Monday– Cheeseburger salad
- Tuesday– Tacos
- Wednesday–Lemon chicken and broccoli
- Thursday–Buffalo chicken salad
- Friday–Beef stir fry with cauliflower rice
- Saturday–Baked garlic and Parmesan chicken wings
- Sunday– Grilled tilapia, roasted broccoli
Struggle with answering "what's for dinner"?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter and receive your FREE Meal Planning Workbook!