OK, as promised, I have finally completed Week 1’s Printable Menu Plan and Grocery List for those of you who wish to do your own 30 day challenge. Keep in mind that I created this Menu Plan for just the two of us, so the grocery list that accompanies it would be enough for 2 people. If you have more in your household, you will need to adjust.
Keep in mind the rules for this challenge:
- No artificial flavors/sweeteners
- No GMO produce (like corn, soy, squash) and no derivatives of these common GMO veggies (oils, starches etc)
- Only humanely raised meat and eggs (as your budget allows)
- Antibiotic and Growth Hormone free Milk and dairy
- No added preservatives unless naturally derived
- No hydrogenated oils or fats
I try to stick with foods that only have limited ingredients–no more than 5–and of those ingredients I should be able to recognize all of them.
I have also marked the produce on the list that should only be bought Organic. I don’t buy all of my produce organic, but I do try to stick to the Clean Fifteen, Dirty Dozen method.
Also included in the Printable are links to some of the recipes I’ve been using. Some are my own, and some are from other sources. Another way to make sure you have all of the recipes in one place is to Follow my 30 Days of Real Food board on Pinterest.
I’m hoping this helps give anyone who wants to change their eating habits a place to start. And don’t worry, I’ll have Week 2 up in a few more days!
Click on the link above to download your Printable List