I was nominated for the Sunshine Award by Charlee @ Humble in a Heartbeat. I have really loved reading her blog for the past month. She has some great ideas, and adorable little girls! I was so excited when she nominated me for this award. What a fun way to get to know more of my favorite bloggers!
I will admit, I am not a very good blogger friend. I’m terrible at making sure I comment on someone’s content when I like what I’ve read. I’m also bad at mingling on social networks. I’m working on getting better, I promise!
So here are the rules for the Sunshine Award:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions about yourself from the nominating blogger
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive this award
- Write 11 questions for your nominated bloggers
- Let them know they are nominated!
So, let’s get to it!
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I can cry at the drop of a hat. No I am not proud of this, but it’s true. If I get frustrated, I cry. If I’m happy, I cry. If I get really really mad, I cry. If my husband looks at me cross-eyed, I cry. OK, that last one is a stretch, but you get my point.
- I can put on mascara WITHOUT blinking my lashes, or having my mouth open.
- I have a photographic memory. This came in really handy in school! I can literally memorize what a page in a book looks like and read the information there. I use this a lot when I read maps too.
- I had braces for 2 years like a normal teenager, but I also had a Herbst appliance for a year. This is used to correct lower jaws. Mine was set back too far and had to be moved forward. In order to fix it completely, they had to OVER correct my jaw, meaning move it too far forward (so I had an under bite) I looked like I was angry all the time for about 5 months.
- I am a country girl at heart, even though I grew up in the woods 😉 I only wish my husband, who actually grew up in the cornfields, felt the same way.
- I have one brother, who is 6 years older than me. When I was in 8th grade, he joined the Marines. He is, HANDS DOWN, the smartest person I know.
- Procrastination is my biggest problem. I’m always rushing to get things done at the last minute.
- I can whistle better than most people I know (except for those that can finger whistle–I can’t do that)
- I’m pretty shy when I first meet people. Unfortunately, once I know you, I am very LOUD.
- When I was in grade school, I always got check marks next to “plays well with others” because I was too bossy.
- I guess that bossiness as a kid paid off though, because more than half of the jobs I’ve had in my career I have been some sort of a manager.
Questions from Charlee:
1. If you could hire someone to do something around your house, what would they do? (ex. clean, cook, organize, etc.)
- I would LOVE to hire someone to really deep clean my house. Like DEEEEEEEEEEP clean. I may not have kids, but having 4 animals sure can accumulate a lot of grime and hair.
2. What is your favorite childhood memory you have?
- When I was 5, my brother and I were playing in our basement. He was spinning me around by my arms and accidentally let go. I smacked my mouth on the brick that our wood-stove sat on and knocked out my 2 front teeth (baby teeth luckily). My mom still remembers us coming up the stairs, and my brother saying “don’t touch the walls, you’ll get blood all over!” Probably a silly favorite memory, but pretty funny to look back on.
3. Do you happen to speak a foreign language?
- Besides just a few key Spanish phrases, I do not speak a foreign language. I wish I could speak more, and I would love to learn French.
4. Do you and your significant other go on dates? What has been your favorite?
- Since it’s just the 2 of us here, we spend a lot of time together. Tuesday’s are our day off together so we will go to parks, shopping or just drive around. My favorite date we had was one of our first dates where we took a horse drawn carriage ride around the city.
5. What is the farthest place you’ve every been and what did you do there?
- The farthest I’ve been from home is to Riviera Maya, Mexico. I have been there a few times, but my favorite time was when we got married!
6. How often do you get together with your friends?
- My 3 closest friends live in 3 different states unfortunately, so I don’t get together with them often enough. But we do talk on the phone and on Facebook quite often. And excitingly, one of my close friends just moved back to Texas. I’m excited to spend next weekend with her at her brand new house!
7. What is one thing that makes you unique?
- Wow, that is a tough one! I think it’s always hard to look at yourself and figure out what is special, or unique. I asked my husband why he loves me and he said because he is legally obligated to–funny man. I think that I am pretty quick-witted when it comes to sarcasm and fun-loving insults. I have to be, to keep up with my husband, brother in-law and father in-law. Those Kolb men can be pretty darn hilarious. Oh, and I can also whip up a pretty mean batch of guacamole in less than 2 minutes. How’s THAT for unique?
8. What car do you dream of owning?
- When I was younger I used to fantasize about the different sports cars I’d love to own. I still think the Audi TT is pretty sweet. For an SUV, though, I’d love an Infiniti QX80
9. Are you a spender or a saver?
- A little bit of both. The practical thinker inside of me wants to hoard away every last penny, but the designer and lover of pretty things in me wants to spend it all on shiny, colorful things. It’s a never ending battle in my mind. Usually practicality wins out.
10. Have you every experienced a natural disaster first-hand?
- Growing up in central Illinois, we were still part of Tornado alley, but I never experienced a Tornado hitting close to home until we lived in Chattanooga. The first spring we owned our home, there was a tornado that touched down about 1/2 mile away from our house. The scary part was that I was driving home from work and had seen part of the funnel, but had no idea there was a tornado until after the fact. I guess tornado never registered in my mind. That was the closest I had ever been. My husband’s home town had an F4 hit very very close in 2004, and last year an F4 tornado hit a neighboring town to where he grew up as well.
11. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
- I love Christmas! There’s just something about Christmas time that makes me feel nostalgic and cozy. This past Christmas was hard for me because we were so so far from family, it wasn’t very cold, and I had no Christmas decor. (because I got rid of it all before moving)
OK, on to my nominees. I chose these guys because I have enjoyed reading their content and want to know more about them! Even though I’m a terrible fellow blogger friend and don’t comment very often, I have been following you guys and LOVE your content.
Here are my Nominations:
- Karen @ To Work with my Hands
- Shari @ Pure Grace Farms
- Erlene @ My Pinterventures
- Renee @ Creative Mama Messy House
- Nicole @ Meet the B’s
- Jen @ Driftwood Gardens
- Carrie @ A Mother’s Shadow
- Sarah @ Sadie Seasongoods
- Leigh Anne @ Houseologie
- Treana @ House of Bennetts
- Bre @ Brepurposed
Questions for my nominees:
- Do you have any siblings? If so, how many and are they older or younger?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your biggest vice?
- Which Social Media platform is your favorite and why?
- If you could have dinner with ANY famous person, who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite time of year? (season, holiday, month)
- What do you miss the most from your childhood?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, money is no issue, where would you live?
- What is #1 on your bucket list?
- Did you (or would you) attend your 10 year high school reunion?
- What is your favorite book–or books if it’s too hard to narrow down. (looking for some good reads)
Looking forward to reading what everyone has to say!!