No Bake Protein Bars
A chewy protein packed bar to give your body the boost of energy it needs, while satisfying the sweetness you crave.Here's a recipe for no bake protein bars that are packed with enough protein to give your body the boost it needs, while satisfying the sweetness you crave.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 9 servings
- 1/2 cup milk (I used organic whole milk)
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter (I used creamy but chunky would be good!)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds , whole
- 1/4 cup flax seeds , whole
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips (optional)
In a medium bowl, toss old fashioned oats, flax seed and chia seeds with whey protein powder. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine milk, peanut butter and honey over low-medium heat. Stir until the peanut butter is melted and mixed well.
Slowly fold in oat/seed mixture and stir until well combined.
Press mixture firmly into a 9x9 pan.
If using, sprinkle dark chocolate chips on top.
Let sit until cooled and slightly hardened before cutting into bars. (I cut mine into 9 square bars.)
*If your mixture is too dry add 1-2 tsp milk
Adapted from Chew Out Loud