- 3 cups broccoli chopped
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 slices bacon cooked, fat drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
Add all ingredients minus cream, bacon and cheddar to the inner pot of the pressure cooker. Stir to combine.
Close lid and close off vent. Select Soup and Normal pressure. Set timer to 10 minutes. It will take the pot 10-15 minutes to build pressure before cooking time starts.
While pressure cooker is going, fry up bacon (optional addition), drain grease and crumble
After pressure cooker is finished, allow steam to natural release for 10 minutes. Then quick release the rest of the way.
Remove inner pot from cooker (it will be hot so use caution!) and set on a hot pad.
Stir in cream and bacon. Then use a whisk and slowly stir in cheddar cheese in small amounts to prevent clumping. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes to give the cream and cheese time to thicken the soup.
Make sure you read the tips outlined above before cooking!
For Slow Cooker:
- Add all ingredients minus cream, bacon and cheddar to the pot of a Slow Cooker. Cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.
- 30 minutes before cooking is through, stir in cream, cheddar and bacon.
- Allow to finish cooking.
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 327mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 26.8% | Vitamin C: 51.5% | Calcium: 26% | Iron: 5.2%