This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read our disclosure policy.
Have a kitchen that is a little outdated? Here’s some easy to replicate and budget friendly kitchen upgrades you can do in a weekend to take your kitchen to the next level!
I have been planning out a budget friendly kitchen makeover for my parents for several weeks now. It’s kind of exciting to think that I am able to help them renovate the kitchen I grew up with, learned how to cook and bake in, and have so many memories of! In fact, I even “helped” my mom pick out the cow and gingham wallpaper back then. The stuff that is still currently adorning their walls. But hey, in my defense it WAS the early 90s, and I was five or six so cut me some slack, OK?
Either way, I’ve had budget friendly kitchen upgrades on the brain lately, so of course I’ve been scouring Pinterest for some ideas. There are so many creative folks out there that really take the DIY on a budget to a whole new level doing things like wallpapering their floor, or adding vinyl flooring as a back splash. Things I would never dream up, but that are really genius ideas! Not only do you get a great conversation starter, but you save a load of money in the process.
So with budget friendly kitchen upgrades in mind, I thought I’d share some of these ideas with you in case you have cow wallpaper in your kitchen too. Or just in case you were thinking of maybe doing a little updating in the kitchen department.
Budget Friendly Kitchen Upgrades
- Rust-oleum Countertop Transformations | Simply Beautiful by Angela
- Faux Granite Countertops | An Exercise in Frugality
- DIY Concrete Countertops | Inside the Fox Den
- Updating our Kitchen with EZ Faux Decor Granite Film | Crayons and Cravings
- Salvaged Kitchen Remodel | Salvage Sister and Mister
- How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets | The Latina Next Door
- Wallpaper Your Kitchen Cabinets | Burlap and Blue
- How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets Without Sanding/Priming | Designer Trapped in a Lawyer’s Body
- How to Create a Stair Step Subway Tile Pattern | Dazzle While Frazzled
- Our $40 Backsplash with Vinyl Flooring | Re-Fabbed
- How to Install a Subway Tile Backsplash | Inside the Fox Den
- Installing a Beadboard Kitchen Backsplash | Love and Renovations
- Amazing Painted Plywood Subfloor How To | Lovely Etc.
- How to Wallpaper Your Floor | Grillo Designs
- DIY Stenciled Floors | Designer Trapped in a Lawyer’s Body
- Paper Bag Floors | Domestic Imperfection
Other Tips and Ideas:
- 7 Ways to Update Your Kitchen When You Can’t Renovate | Green With Decor
- How to Build a DIY Kitchen Island | Cherished Bliss
- How to Afford a Kitchen Remodel | White House Black Shutters
Make sure you check back next week too when I’ll be sharing the dreadful before pictures and the plan for my parent’s kitchen makeover! Oh, and did I mention I plan to do the whole thing in a week?! Yep, you don’t want to miss out on that!
More Budget Friendly Decor Inspiration:
- How to Refresh a Room on a Budget
- DIY Farmhouse Style Dining Table
- Mini Master Bedroom Makeover Plan & Inspiration