An easy potato salad recipe with just a few simple ingredients. The perfect side dish for your next cookout or pot luck.
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read our disclosure policy.
My mom has the best potato salad recipe. Anytime we had a cookout, potluck, or family get together in the summertime she would always make this easy potato salad. It’s creamy, tangy and has the perfect amount of crunch.
When I make this easy potato salad, I tend to boil the eggs and potatoes the night before. The trick to getting the potatoes just right is boil them to the point that you can easily insert a fork. If you boil them much longer you will have very mushy potatoes once they are cut up. Believe me folks, you don’t want mushy potato salad.
After all of the ingredients have been mixed together, I like to let the potato salad set up in the fridge for about 4 hours. This way all of the flavors can meld together giving you the best tasting potato salad ever!
Easy Potato SaladPrint Recipe
- 8 yukon gold potatoes washed
- 3 hard boiled eggs peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp sweet relish
- Boil potatoes until they are tender.
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Place potatoes, eggs, onions, mayonnaise, mustard and sweet relish in a large bowl. Stir all ingredients together until mixed
- Chill in fridge for 4 hours and stir well before serving.