With Christmas just around the corner, everyone is busy trying to finish up their shopping. If you have a DIY-er on your list and you have NO idea what to get them, I’ve come up with 15 gift ideas for the crafter. Whether you are spending under $10, or you want to splurge, there is a little bit of every thing on this list.
I fancy myself a crafter, so most of these items I have used myself. With that being said there are a few things that I haven’t used (like the washi tape book or that storage cabinet), but would love to have myself. *hint hint hubby*
- Two-Temp Cordless Glue Gun–A hot glue gun is a MUST have for any crafter. Heck, everybody for that matter. I’ve even used my glue gun to hem pants. Yes, you read that right. Hem.Pants. Don’t ask.
- Mod Podge Starter Pack –Every crafter needs a little mod podge in their life, and what’s better than a starter pack that has all of the finishes?
- Plaid:Craft Martha Stewart Basic Brush Set –How about some good brushes to go along with that mod podge set.
- Stretched Canvas, 2-Pack –You can never go wrong with a blank canvas.
- Self-Healing Cutting Mat with Grids–I use this mat all the time, whether it’s for cutting paper, fabric, or just to have a surface to craft on.
- Paint Marker Assorted Colors, 12-Pack — I’ve used these markers in a lot of my hand painted projects. For me a paint marker is much easier to control than my unstead hand, especially when it comes to letters.
- Washi Tape Crafts–This book has been on my wish list since it debuted earlier this year. I have a huge collection of Washi tape and would love to have this book on hand for some project inspiration.
- Weller Woodburning & Hobby Kit –I think these woodburning tools are so nifty! You can do a lot of neat crafts with it, and it’s not very expensive.
- Portable Craft Case–Every crafter needs a case to carry their
junksupplies around in.
- Martha Stewart Acrylic Paint Best Selling Colors–Because a crafter can never have enough paint in their arsenal!
- Dremel Micro with 8 Accessories–I love this handheld dremel! It’s easy for my freakishly small hands to hang onto, and it’s a DREMEL! You can use it to do just about anything.
- SINGER Sewing Machine–If your crafter is someone who wants to learn how to sew, or is just starting out, this is a great beginner machine.
- Storage Cabinet–My current craft room is overflowing with scrapbook paper, cardstock, ribbons and other random embellishments. Having a storage cabinet like this one comes in handy to keep everything in its place.
- Silhouette Cameo — Starter Bundle — I’m pretty sure that owning this machine is every DIY-er’s dream. So if you’re feeling overly generous, this is THE ultimate gift idea for the crafter.
And if you aren’t sure if your crafter wants or needs any of these items, consider purchasing them a class from Craftsy. There are tons of different online courses to choose from–wood working, paper crafting, sewing etc. Your recipient will be able to choose which class he/she would like to take.