This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read our disclosure policy.
Easy and flavorful garlic cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers are a delicious addition to any party table spread and they are ready in no time.
It’s Day 4 of the 12 Days of Christmas blog hop and we are just cruising right along through December! If you missed any of the previous days, start here and work your way back! I’m teaming up with over 40 other bloggers to bring you a new craft, diy or recipe each day! Today’s theme is party foods!
When I think about party foods, I generally imagine lots of finger foods and desserts. What about you? In fact, I’m usually the one who volunteers my famous Mexican 7 Layer Dip, or brings a tasty dessert to any party we’re invited to.
For today’s theme, I am sticking with the finger foods and am actually sharing a recipe that I originally got from one of my good friends when we lived in Tennessee–cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers! This easy recipe will quickly become your new go to finger food!
This recipe is a little bit different than hers though. She makes these wonderful, flavorful curry cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers, but for this recipe today I am sharing a different flavor concoction.
The best part about this stuffed mini peppers recipe is you can switch out the seasonings to make your favorite combination! Curry, garlic, ranch, really anything will work in this cream cheese stuffed peppers recipe.
Even better these sweet peppers with cream cheese are a low carb snack! That means even if you are watching how many carbs you consume, you can still enjoy these mini peppers. Of course, you could also top the stuffed peppers with a bit of panko crumbs if you aren’t counting carbs, as one reader suggested. Really the sky is the limit when it comes to this versatile recipe.
Need some more party food ideas? Check out these simple recipes!
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Low Carb Tortilla Chips
- Easy Finger Foods and Appetizers for Game Day!
Love this recipe? Pin it for later!
Cream Cheese Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 12-16 mini sweet peppers cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp chives chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and cover a baking sheet in parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Spoon mixture into each prepared mini pepper half. Should fit around 2 tsp depending on the size of the pepper. Continue until all peppers are filled.
- Lay peppers out, cream cheese side up onto prepared baking sheet and top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the peppers are softened and cream cheese is slightly browned.
- Optional–garnish with chives
- Serve these cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers warm.