Spicy buffalo chicken sliders made in a slow cooker are perfect for game day, or just as an easy family meal. Adjust the buffalo sauce to your preference and serve topped with ranch dressing, bleu cheese crumbles or coleslaw.
Are you a football fan? Growing up, it was a tradition that every Sunday my dad would have a monopoly over the TV all.day.long. So, as a kid, I was forced to either watch football with dad or find something to entertain myself that didn’t involve TV. Since my brother and I loved playing Nintendo and weren’t very creative in entertaining ourselves without it, we would watch football with dad.
But there were rules. Ok, there was one rule. NO talking. My dad was and still is, completely serious about his football. His favorite team? Da Bears. Even though they are less than stellar most years, he is still a die-hard fan! For me, I could care less about most sports, but for my dad’s sake, I will always claim the Chicago Bears.
I created these slow cooker buffalo chicken sliders with my dad in mind. He is a huge fan of buffalo wings, and my mom would make them for him frequently for football games. Especially Super Bowl Sunday. These sliders are packed full of the buffalo taste, but are easy to make in the slow cooker and are much less messy!
I’ve actually been making this recipe for several years, but only recently made them into sliders. You can easily make these full-size sandwiches and they are just as tasty. With the sliders, I LOVE using King’s Hawaiian rolls because the sweet combined with the heat from the buffalo chicken is an amazing flavor explosion in your mouth. Really.
Top these babies with ranch dressing, bleu cheese, red onion, or coleslaw and they are even more delicious. Or you can leave it with just the buffalo chicken and melty cheese. Your choice.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 packages King's Hawaiian Rolls
- 12 slices Havarti, or other favorite cheese that melts well
- optional garnishes: ranch dressing, , red onion, blue cheese crumbles, coleslaw
- Add chicken to the bowl of slow cooker. Top with buffalo sauce and dry ranch mix. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Once cooked, remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker, stir well and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare rolls by cutting tops off and placing 1/2 slice cheese on each. Top with shredded buffalo chicken and desired toppings.
- Note--You can serve these as whole sandwiches, just sub the rolls for hamburger buns and 1/2 slice cheese for the whole slice.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 slider
Amount Per Serving Calories 150Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 49mgSodium 630mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 16g
Nutrition values are automatically calculated by third-party software using global standards. Please note that values can vary based on product brands and different nutritional calculators. The values stated here are only for a basic reference and are not evaluated by medical or nutritional professionals.
What’s your favorite football team? Or do you prefer a different sport altogether?