This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read our disclosure policy.
Spicy buffalo chicken sliders made in a slow cooker are perfect for game day, or just as an easy weeknight dinner recipe. Adjust the buffalo sauce to your preference and serve topped with ranch dressing, bleu cheese crumbles or coleslaw.
This post was originally published in 2017 but has recently been updated and republished with new photos.
Are you a football fan? Growing up, it was a tradition that every Sunday my dad would have a monopoly over the TV all.day.long. So, as a kid, I was forced to either watch football with dad or find something to entertain myself that didn’t involve TV. Since my brother and I loved playing Nintendo and weren’t very creative in entertaining ourselves without it, we would watch football with dad.
But there were rules. Ok, there was one rule. NO talking. My dad was and still is, completely serious about his football. His favorite team? Da Bears. Even though they are less than stellar most years, he is still a die-hard fan! For me, I could care less about most sports, but for my dad’s sake, I will always claim the Chicago Bears.
I created these slow cooker buffalo chicken sliders with my dad in mind. He is a huge fan of buffalo wings, and my mom would make them for him frequently for football games. Especially Super Bowl Sunday. These shredded buffalo chicken sliders are packed full of the buffalo taste, but are easy to make in the slow cooker and are much less messy!
I’ve actually been making this buffalo chicken recipe for several years, but only recently made them into sliders. You can easily make these full-size sandwiches and they are just as tasty. With the sliders, I LOVE using King’s Hawaiian rolls because the sweet combined with the heat from the buffalo chicken is an amazing flavor explosion in your mouth.
How to Make Shredded Buffalo Chicken in a Crock Pot
This really is a very simple recipe that only requires 4 ingredients. You don’t even need to make the shredded buffalo chicken into sliders or sandwiches to enjoy. Simply use the shredded buffalo chicken on top of a bed of salad greens, or just as is. Here’s how to make the shredded chicken in the Crock Pot.
First, place 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts into the pot of a slow cooker. You could also use an Instant Pot. Read this recipe to see how to cook shredded chicken in an Instant Pot. Top the chicken with buffalo sauce, dry ranch dressing mix, and butter. Then cook the chicken on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Once the buffalo chicken is done cooking, simply remove it from the Crock Pot and shred using two forks. You can also use a hand mixer to make quick work of shredding the chicken.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
After cooking shredded buffalo chicken in a slow cooker, you’ll want to make these delicious buffalo chicken sliders. Here’s how to assemble them for baking!
Place a small amount of shredded buffalo chicken on top of some small buns like King’s Hawaiian or another favorite. You could also use full-sized buns. Brush the tops of the rolls with butter using a basting brush and sprinkle some extra dry ranch seasoning on top. Bake the chicken sliders for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Top the buffalo chicken sliders with cheese, ranch dressing, bleu cheese, red onion, or coleslaw and they are even more delicious. Or you can leave it with just the buffalo chicken and melty cheese. Your choice.
Need some extra visuals? Check out this Instagram Reel to see a 30-second video of assembling the buffalo chicken sliders.
What to serve with slow cooker buffalo chicken sliders?
In our family we love to eat these buffalo chicken sliders with celery sticks and coleslaw mostly. However, we also enjoy them with potato salad, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, and even broccoli salad. You can’t go wrong with any side dish really.
More Chicken Dinner Recipes:
- Naked Chicken Tenders | Air Fryer Recipe
- One Pan Chili Lime Skillet Chicken
- Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
Don’t forget to pin it for later
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5 cups Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo sauce
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix reserve 1 tsp
- 3 tbsp butter
- 24 pack King’s Hawaiian Rolls*
- 10-12 slices Havarti or other favorite cheese that melts well
- optional garnishes: ranch dressing red onion, blue cheese crumbles, coleslaw
- Add chicken to the pot of a slow cooker.
- Top the chicken with buffalo sauce, dry ranch mix (reserving 1 tsp of mix for later), and 2 tbsp butter. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When cooking has finished, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it with two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker, stir well and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rolls by cutting the top portion off (leave rolls together as one for easier handling) and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Top the bottom portion of the group of rolls with shredded buffalo chicken and cheese slices.
- Place the top portion of rolls back on top of the chicken and cheese.
- Melt the remaining 1 tbsp of butter in a small bowl. Brush tops of rolls with the melted butter. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tsp of ranch mix on top of buttered rolls.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tops of the rolls have a golden brown appearance.
- Divide up each buffalo chicken slider, top with optional garnishes and enjoy!