This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read our disclosure policy.
Rich in chocolate flavor, this dark chocolate peppermint bundt cake is made with simple chocolate cake to start and topped with a creamy peppermint glaze. Add some white chocolate chips and crushed peppermint to the top for extra flavor and color.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Read my full disclosure policy here. #DelightfulMoments #CollectiveBias
One of my favorite memories of the holidays as a kid was baking with my mom. Each year we would out do ourselves with the holiday baking, thinking up creative new ideas of things to make. We would always sit down and come up with a plan of action–her with a cup of coffee, and me with a big cup of hot chocolate.
As a kid during the cold weather, hot chocolate was always my go to drink to warm up. I loved adding different flavored coffee creamers to my hot chocolate, too, to make it a little more special. One of my favorite flavors to add was Peppermint.
Well, now that I’m an adult, my go to drink has changed, but I still love dressing up my coffee with special creamers.
For me, the holidays are the best time of year to be a coffee lover. There are so many options when it comes to coffee creamer.
My personal favorites are International Delight Coffee Creamers® in their holiday flavors like Peppermint Mocha, Pumpkin Spice and Sugar Cookie. You can find them in the refrigerated section of Walmart, my go to retailer for holiday baking.
While you’re there, be sure to pick up some of the Mini I.D.’s® too, to bring with you on the go whether that be to work, a meeting, or just traveling for the holidays. These mini’s are the perfect size for me to take to work to spruce up an afternoon cup of coffee.
This year for the holidays, I’m keeping my mom and I’s tradition alive. Even if we can’t be together, who’s to say we can’t still come up with a holiday baking plan of action over the phone, with our cup of coffee by our sides? It may not be our normal holiday tradition, but it’s all about making new memories right?
That’s how the idea of this Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake was born. Using the International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer as inspiration, I came up with the perfect holiday flavor pairing–peppermint and chocolate! After all, coffee creamer isn’t just for coffee anymore.
[Tweet “Coffee creamer isn’t just for coffee anymore. #DelightfulMoments #ad”]
Making the cake was so easy, and I was able to get everything I needed for it at Walmart. No need for 2 trips!
Starting with a box mix for the cake made everything go so much faster, and I ended up with a perfectly shaped Bundt cake.
I made the glaze by melting white chocolate chips, adding in the International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer, and whisking in powdered sugar for the perfect blend of sweetness, chocolate and peppermint.
Once the cake cooled, I set it on a plate covered in parchment paper. This made cleaning up after glazing the cake so much faster and easier.
Then I lightly and evenly drizzled the glaze over the top of the cake in a back and forth motion until the cake was completely covered. You may need to go over it more than once to get enough glaze on the cake.
To add a little more appeal, I topped the cake with some crushed peppermints and white chocolate chips before the glaze cooled completely.
I think this Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake turned out so pretty, don’t you?
The best part of this Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake was eating it! And a nice hot cup of coffee was the perfect companion for it.
How do you get inspired for the holidays? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!
Need some more dessert inspiration? Check out these recipes:
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- 1 Box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 Box Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
For the Glaze
- 1 cup Nestle Toll House White Chocolate Chip Morsels (they melt the best)
- 1/2 cup International Delight Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- Crushed peppermints* (optional)
- Extra White Chocolate Chips (optional)
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and liberally grease a fluted pan
- In a large bowl cream together cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, water, and oil until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for several hours before removing.
For the Glaze
- In a small stock pot, melt white chocolate chips over low heat.
- Stir in International Delight Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer, and whisk until well combined.
- Remove pot from heat and whisk in sifted powdered sugar, stirring well until sugar is completely mixed in.
- Let the glaze thicken some as it cools before spooning over cooled cake.
- *Optional-top glazed cake with crushed peppermints and white chocolate chips