Following a Ketogenic or Low Carb diet doesn’t necessarily mean spending more on your groceries. I’m sharing my favorite foods to pick up for cheap in this Keto and Low Carb Aldi Shopping Guide!
My husband and I have been eating Keto for the last year! Can you believe it’s been that long?! Even crazier to believe is that together we have lost 140lbs! That is an entire adult that we’ve shed between the two of us. Everytime I look at my husband now I just can’t believe he’s lost over 100lbs. It’s crazy to even picture him with an extra 100lbs on him, and I know just how much healthier we are without that extra weight. We both have so much more energy, less aches and pains, and we sleep better. Ok well he sleeps better, I still some days have a hard time shutting my brain off at night, but once I’m asleep I sleep better.
Anyway, you’re not here to read about me and hubby, you’re here because you want to know what the best foods are to buy at Aldi when you are following a keto diet right? Just because you are eating more meats and vegetables doesn’t mean you have to spend more money at the stores. I actually find that we spend less money on groceries than we did prior to Keto.
Don't have time to read??
Subscribe to our email newsletter and you'll be sent this exact shopping guide in printable PDF form to take to the store! It's that simple!
The big way we save on our grocery bills is by getting the majority of our foods and produce at Aldi. For those of you that don’t have one around you I feel your pain! I went without shopping at Aldi for 4 years while we lived in Texas and I missed it dearly. But in that time, Aldi has really stepped up their game and are carrying so many more brands and products to fit into just about any diet. They even have a whole Gluten Free section now which is awesome.
There are some things we don’t buy at Aldi, but it’s more because of a brand preference than anything. You can check out my favorite low carb pantry items to see what we buy when it comes to protein powder and baking goods.
Keto and Low Carb Aldi Shopping Guide
- Bacon Bits
- Chicken Sausages
- Fresh meat and poultry
- Brussels Sprouts
Fruits (when in season)
- Cottage Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Butter–My Aldi even carries Ghee sometimes!!!!
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Frozen meat/poultry–watch the ingredients on already made hamburger patties and other convenience meats
- Frozen berries
- Frozen vegetables
- Peanut Butter–watch the ingredients, should be only peanuts and salt!
- Almond Butter–same as above
- Sunflower Seeds
- Chia Seeds–we add to protein shakes
- Pork Rinds–seriously the Hot n Spicy are the best ones we’ve tried and I NEVER thought I’d be a pork rind eater
- Freeze Dried Strawberries–the entire package is 20g NET carbs, so popping a few when you are craving something sweet or adding to a protein shake is great!
- Condiments like mustard, mayo, pickles, hot sauce, sriracha etc
- Canned vegetables–fresh is always better with less sugar, but sometimes a girls gotta grab a can!
- Stevia sweetener packets–The big bag of stevia has artificial sugar added to it, but the individual packets do not, go figure
- Hint Water–LOVE this stuff!
Low Carb (these are generally considered not Keto friendly due to artificial ingredients or higher net carb counts)
- French Onion Dip–to dip those pork rinds into!!
- Sugar Free Coffee Creamer
- Salted Popcorn–with 13-15 net carbs per serving, it’s a lower carb snack that you can enjoy when you crave something salty. I usually only eat 1/2 of a serving at a time
- Sugar Free water flavoring
- Sucralose sweetener
- Pea crisps –I like these better than the name brand, but still only eat 1 serving at a time because of the carb count
- Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- Carb Conscious Elevate Bars–the sugar alcohol in these can cause some serious stomach upset if you are sensitive so beware!
- Zevia soda–my store only recently started carrying this, and only in the original flavor. I prefer the cherry flavor personally
What are some of your favorite Keto Aldi products? I’m always looking for new foods to try!
More Keto Friendly and Low Carb ideas:
- Mexican Chorizo Breakfast Skillet | Low Carb, Keto
- Low Carb Meal Plan for May
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Love it? Pin it for later!
Love what you see??
Subscribe to get our weekly email updates and subscriber only freebies. You'll never miss out on recipes, DIY projects or helpful tips and life hacks.