These soft, chewy and not overly sweet low carb snickerdoodles are a great sugar free Christmas cookie recipe you don’t have to feel guilty about.
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read our disclosure policy.
Can you believe it’s already day 8 of the 12 Days of Christmas blog hop? That means we only have 4 more days and 4 more posts left! If you’ve missed any of my previous projects and recipes, just click HERE and work your way back!
Snickerdoodles are one of my husbands favorite cookies because they are not overly sweet and there’s no chocolate to be found. I know! I married a monster who doesn’t like chocolate. Just kidding. It actually works out well because more chocolate for me!
Since we are still following the low carb lifestyle, I had to adapt his favorite cookie recipe into low carb snickerdoodles. Luckily they turned out and have just the right amount of sweetness to them. The recipe is below and be sure to see what other cookies my fellow 12 days of Christmas hosts have come up with!
Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter!
Meet Your Hosts
They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!
Shirley~Intelligent Domestications | Alli~An Alli Event | Michelle~Our Crafty Mom
Marie~DIY Adulation | Erlene~My Pinterventures | Beverly~Across The Blvd.
Debra~Shoppe No. 5 | Victoria~Dazzle While Frazzled | Deborah~Salvage Sister & Mister
Michelle~Michelle James Designs | Amanda~Domestically Creative | Megan~C’mon Get Crafty
Jeanie~Create & Babble | Sherry~Olives & Okra | Jenny~Cookies Coffee & Crafts
Emily~Domestic Deadline | Bonbon~Farmhouse 40 | Leanna~Of Faeries & Fauna
Pam Larmore~P.S. I Love You Crafts | Kelly~North Country Nest | Marie~The Inspiration Vault
Gail~Purple Hues and Me | Lynne~My Family Thyme | Karen~Dragonfly and Lily Pads
Trisha~Blowing Away Out West | Lorrin~Embrace The Perfect Mess | Terri~Christmas Tree Lane
Sam~Raggedy Bits | Cyn~Creative Cynchronicity | Valerie~Val Event Gal |
Yami~The Latina Next Door | Tania~Little Vintage Cottage
Lauren~Wonderfully Made | Vanessa~DIY 180 | Kimberly~A Wonderful Thought
Kim~Everyday Parties | Dru~Polka Dot Poplars
Low Carb Snickerdoodles
Low Carb Snickerdoodles
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup granulated erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour super fine*
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp granulated erythritol
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, egg, erythritol and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Beat in baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and almond flour until well combined. Dough will be stiff. Mix in coconut flour.
- Place dough in the fridge to chill for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or silicone baking mat)
- Mix cinnamon and erythritol together in a shallow dish
- Take dough out of the fridge and form dough into 2" balls.
- Place dough balls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Gently wet the bottom of a drinking glass and dip into the cinnamon mixture. Press the bottom of the glass onto a dough ball, flattening it slightly. Repeat until all dough balls have cinnamon coating.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until the cookies have slightly browned. Remove from oven and let them cool and harden before removing from baking sheet.
Love this? Pin it for later!
Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ideas this holiday season!