This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read our disclosure policy.
A creamy one pot sausage spinach pasta recipe that has just a hint of spicy and is packed full of cheesy flavor. Everything cooks in one pot and is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal!
Back in the day I used to work 11-12 hour days. That meant I would leave my house around 6:45 and I generally wouldn’t get home until 6:45 or later. So when it came time for dinner, I was exhausted, usually starving and had no desire what so ever to make anything. But food is one of those must have things to keep you alive. So it’s kind of important.
While Crock Pot meals are always easy and appreciated, when you work such long hours most meals would be way over cooked by the time you get home. Cooking for 12+ hours tends to dry out even soup. Ok so that last part was sarcasm, but you know what I mean.
That’s when the whole idea of one pot meals really grabbed my attention. Seriously most recipes you can find floating around are ones that are done in 30 minutes or less and it’s a whole meal! Truly one pot cooking.
And this recipe for one pot sausage spinach pasta is no different. In less than 30 minutes you have dinner on the table and there’s not a ton of dishes afterwards to worry about cleaning. Because by the time dinner is done and everyone’s eaten, the last thing you want to do is sit at the kitchen sink washing a ton of pots and pans.
What are some things you do to make meal time easier for you and your family? Leave me a comment below!
More delicious one pot dinner ideas:
- One Pot Beef and Broccoli
- One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
- One Pan Chili Lime Skillet Chicken
- Skillet Cabbage Rice and Sausage One Dish Dinner Recipe | Intelligent Domestications
Love this? Pin it for later!
One Pot Sausage and Spinach Pasta
- 8 oz chicken sausage
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup onion , finely diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups egg noodle pasta
- 2 cups fresh spinach , torn or chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Slice the chicken sausage into thin slices and set aside.
- In the bottom of a large skillet or heavy stock pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken sausage and cook until browned on both sides. Add in onions and sautee for 2-3 minutes more until the onions become translucent.
- Add in the can of diced tomatoes and green chiles undrained and gently deglaze pan (scrape off browned bits of butter and sausage from bottom of pan)
- Add in pasta to pot and pour in chicken broth to just cover pasta. Stir the pasta into the liquid well. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer covered until the pasta is cooked through. Usually around 10 minutes. Stir a few times during cook time to prevent sticking and to make sure all pasta cooks evenly.
- Remove lid and add in fresh spinach in several small batches. Stir each batch until spinach becomes wilted before adding in next batch.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese, and cook until cheese is melted.