Looking for a quick and easy dinner idea that doesn’t require a lot of dishes or prep? Then this one pot beef and broccoli dinner is just what you need.
When my husband and I started on our low carb journey, I worried over what I would come up with for dinner. Would it take me tons of time to cook meals? Would there be a lot of prep involved, or would there be a lack of flavor?That’s not the case at all with this easy and delicious one pot beef and broccoli dinner. It’s my lower carb take on a traditional meal, plus there’s not much prep involved and only requires dirtying one pot.
We personally like to eat our one pot beef and broccoli with a big heaping serving of cauliflower rice. But if you and your family aren’t following a low-carb diet, no worries! Just serve it over some steamed rice or quinoa, or on top of garlic noodles and you have a very filling, super simple weeknight dinner that everyone will love.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 pound tender beef, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 11/2 tbsp brown gravy powder
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- Season beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add in beef and brown on both sides about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour beef broth in pan and deglaze (scrape brown bits off the bottom of the pan) Whisk in the brown gravy powder and xantham gum and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and whisk in sour cream until fully mixed.
- Add beef and broccoli back into pan. Cover pan with lid and continue simmering on low heat for 10 minutes, or until broccoli is fork tender.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g