Grab an embroidery hoop, some Christmas greenery and ribbon and make this simple evergreen hoop wreath- a fast and easy DIY project perfect for Christmas!
Welcome to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas even, hosted by Shirley of Intelligent Domestications and Erlene of My Pinterventures. Between November 11th and December 6th there will be hundreds of new ideas shared by over 55 Co-Host bloggers!
Go here to see our kick-off collection of Holiday ideas as well as all of this years talented participating DIY and Foodie Blogs. Download this years November and December calendars with all of the topics and dates so you can make plans to watch for ideas!
We are also hosting a HUGE GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year! Be sure to scroll all the way down for more info and to enter to win!
Originally this evergreen hoop wreath was going to be a double hoop wreath. However, I quickly learned that with the extra weight of the center ornament, and the double hoop, that the weight was not going to be distributed equally for it to hang properly. Instead, I made it this project even more simple by making just a single hoop wreath. Seriously, this tutorial is SO easy and you make your own simple evergreen hoop wreath in minutes. Check it out!
Simple Evergreen Hoop Wreath
- 14-20″ Embroidery Hoop
- paddle wire (tip, use a color similar to the ornament or embellishment you choose)
- Wire Cutters
- Evergreen Bunch
- 2 1/2″ white ribbon
- Acrylic Ornament or other embellishment
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Wreath Hanger
If desired you can paint the hoop wreath but do that first before starting the rest of the project. I chose to leave mine natural.
Start by using the wire cutters to snip off pieces of the evergreen bunch.
Next arrange them in desired pattern and attach to the embroidery hoop with paddle wire
In the center, wrap ribbon around the hoop to cover the stems. Use some hot glue to secure the end of the ribbon to the back of the embroidery hoop wreath.
Attach the center snowflake crystal ornament using a drop of hot glue to the ribbon on the hoop wreath. Then secure with craft wire. This is why I chose silver wire so that it would blend in with the snowflake ornament. Choose a color similar to your embellishment so that it doesn’t stand out.
Hang your finished simple evergreen hoop wreath on a wreath hanger for your door!
Don’t forget to pin it!
12 Days of Holidays Ideas Hop:
- Day 1–Gift Ideas– Gift Ideas for the Foodie
- Day 2–Holiday Survival Guides– Guide to Surviving the Holidays as an Introvert
- Day 3– Kid’s Crafts
- Day 4– Games
- Day 5– Advent Calendars
- Day 6– Wreaths–YOU’RE HERE
- Day 7–Ornaments– Paint Pour Christmas Ornaments
- Day 8–Printables– Funny Hand Lettered Gift Tags for Handmade Gifts
- Day 9–Pot Luck Recipes– Creamy Skillet Brussel’s Sprouts with Bacon
- Day 10– Desserts
- Day 11– Breakfast Recipes
- Day 12– Christmas Trees
More DIY Wreath Ideas for the holidays:
And now, let’s meet the sponsors of this amazing blog hop. They’ve generously donated some FABULOUS prizes for our Big Christmas Giveaway!
- DecoArt winner will receive a prize package valued at $100!
- Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar winner will receive a Keurig Coffee Maker valued at $100!
- Oriental Trading winner will receive an OrientalTrading.com gift card valued at $200!
- Cabot Cheese winner will receive a gift basket of Cabot products valued at $75!
- Burlap Fabric winner will receive a prize pack of products valued at $50!
- Zulay Kitchens winner will receive one Milk Frother and a Lemon Squeezer valued at $21/strong>
- It’s Home To You winner will receive one wooden Santa sign valued at $65
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019 and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of seven winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only. Terms & Conditions.