Grab an embroidery hoop, some Christmas greenery, and ribbon to make this simple evergreen hoop wreath- a fast and easy DIY project perfect for Christmas!
Welcome to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas even, hosted by Shirley of Intelligent Domestications and Erlene of My Pinterventures. Go here to see our kick-off collection of Holiday ideas as well as all of this year’s talented participating DIY and Foodie Blogs.
Originally this evergreen hoop wreath was going to be a double hoop wreath. However, I quickly learned that with the extra weight of the center ornament, and the double hoop, that the weight was not going to be distributed equally for it to hang properly. Instead, I made it this project even more simple by making just a single hoop wreath. Seriously, this tutorial is SO easy and you make your own simple evergreen hoop wreath in minutes. Check it out!
Simple Evergreen Hoop Wreath
- 14-20″ Embroidery Hoop
- paddle wire (tip, use a color similar to the ornament or embellishment you choose)
- Wire Cutters
- Evergreen Bunch
- 2 1/2″ white ribbon
- Acrylic Ornament or other embellishment
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Wreath Hanger
If desired you can paint the hoop wreath but do that first before starting the rest of the project. I chose to leave mine natural.
Start by using the wire cutters to snip off pieces of the evergreen bunch.
Next, arrange them in the desired pattern and attach to the embroidery hoop with paddle wire
In the center, wrap ribbon around the hoop to cover the stems. Use some hot glue to secure the end of the ribbon to the back of the embroidery hoop wreath.
Attach the center snowflake crystal ornament using a drop of hot glue to the ribbon on the hoop wreath. Then secure with craft wire. This is why I chose silver wire so that it would blend in with the snowflake ornament. Choose a color similar to your embellishment so that it doesn’t stand out.
Hang your finished simple evergreen hoop wreath on a wreath hanger for your door!
Don’t forget to pin it!
12 Days of Holidays Ideas Hop:
- Day 1–Gift Guides– Gift Ideas for the Foodie
- Day 2–Holiday Survival Guides– Guide to Surviving the Holidays as an Introvert
- Day 3– Kid’s Crafts
- Day 4– Games
- Day 5– Advent Calendars
- Day 6–Wreaths– Simple Evergreen Hoop Wreath
- Day 7– Ornaments– Paint Pour Christmas Ornaments
- Day 8–Printables– Funny Hand Lettered Gift Tags for Handmade Gifts
- Day 9–Pot Luck Recipes– Creamy Skillet Brussel’s Sprouts with Bacon
- Day 10– Desserts– Dark Chocolate Cake with Peppermint Cream Cheese Glaze
- Day 11– Breakfast Recipes– Homestyle Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- Day 12– Christmas Trees– White and Wood Tabletop Christmas Tree