Easy to make and full of flavor this quick chocolate chip pumpkin bread is sure to become a fast Fall favorite for breakfast or dessert.
Sweet breads are some of my favorite recipes to whip up because they are easy to make, and you can eat a slice for breakfast or for a dessert. Plus with so many versatile recipes out there, you never get bored. My personal favorite quick bread recipe is this chocolate chip pumpkin bread. It’s packed with the best Fall flavors, and the addition of chocolate makes it great for dessert too.
The pumpkin quick bread recipe came from the Better Homes and Garden cookbook, but I adapted it to fit our preferences. I subbed some of the all purpose flour for whole wheat for added nutrients, and of course added in a generous helping of chocolate chips. I bet this quick bread recipe would be great with pecans or walnuts too, or a cream cheese swirl!
We love to enjoy a slice of chocolate chip pumpkin bread in the mornings with a warm mug of coffee, but it’s also great as a late night snack. There is so much pumpkin flavor packed into this quick bread!
This recipe makes two full loafs so you can freeze one for later. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months if wrapped in Saran Wrap first, then placed in a freezer bag. This is a great way to bake once, but have a nice loaf of chocolate chip pumpkin bread to snack on later!
What are some of your favorite ways to eat sweet breads like this? Share with me in the comments below!
Check out some of my other bread recipes.
Don’t forget to pin it!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin BreadPrint Rate
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/3 cups flour (I used 1 1/3 cups whole wheat, 2 cups all purpose)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Grease two loaf pans 3x9 loaf pans, and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and oil
- Add in eggs, 1 at a time, until fully incorporated. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda. Set aside.
- Alternating, add small amounts of flour mixture and water to wet ingredients, mixing after each addition, until all ingredients are added.
- Mix in pumpkin and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pans, then carefully remove.