Easy to make and full of flavor this quick chocolate chip pumpkin bread is sure to become a fast Fall favorite for breakfast or dessert.
**This post was originally written and published October 2015, but has since been updated**
Quick breads, like this chocolate chip pumpkin bread, are some of my favorite recipes to make because they are quick and easy! Plus you can eat a slice for breakfast or for a dessert. This chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe is packed full of chocolate and pumpkin flavor. It’s the perfect recipe for Fall!
The original pumpkin quick bread recipe came from the Better Homes and Garden cookbook, but I changed some things around. I subbed some of the all purpose flour for whole wheat for added nutrients, and of course added in a generous helping of chocolate chips. I bet this quick bread recipe would be great with pecans or walnuts too, or a cream cheese swirl!
We love to enjoy a slice of chocolate chip pumpkin bread in the mornings with a warm mug of coffee, but it’s also great as a late night snack. There is so much pumpkin flavor packed into this quick bread recipe!
This pumpkin quick bread recipe makes two full loafs so you can freeze one for later. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months if wrapped in Saran Wrap first, then placed in a freezer bag. This is a great way to bake once, but have a nice loaf of chocolate chip pumpkin bread to snack on later!
If you only want to make one loaf, you can change the servings in the recipe card below to adjust the ingredients accordingly.
Check out some of my other bread recipes.
Don’t forget to pin it!
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/3 cups flour, (I used 1 1/3 cups whole wheat, 2 cups all purpose)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Grease two 3x9 loaf pans, and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar and oil.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until fully incorporated. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda. Set aside.
- Alternating, add small amounts of the flour mixture and water to the wet ingredients, mixing after each addition, until all ingredients are added.
- Mix in canned pumpkin until fully incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Pour batter into prepared pans
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pans, then carefully remove.
You can freeze this bread for up to 3 months. Wrap in saran wrap and place in a Ziploc freezer bag.
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 28mgSodium 263mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 2gSugar 28gProtein 3g