Easy to make and full of flavor this quick chocolate chip pumpkin bread is sure to become a fast Fall favorite for breakfast or dessert.
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read our disclosure policy.
**This post was originally written and published in October 2015, but has since been updated**
Quick breads, like this chocolate chip pumpkin bread, are some of my favorite recipes to make because they are quick and easy! Plus you can eat a slice for breakfast or for dessert. This chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe is packed full of chocolate and pumpkin flavor. It’s the perfect recipe for Fall!
The original pumpkin quick bread recipe came from the Better Homes and Garden cookbook, but I changed some things around. I subbed some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat for added nutrients, and of course, added in a generous helping of chocolate chips. I bet this quick bread recipe would be great with pecans or walnuts too, or a cream cheese swirl!
We love to enjoy a slice of chocolate chip pumpkin bread in the mornings with a warm mug of coffee, but it’s also great as a late-night snack. There is so much pumpkin flavor packed into this quick bread recipe!
This pumpkin quick bread recipe makes two full loaves so you can freeze one for later. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months if wrapped in Saran Wrap first, then placed in a freezer bag. This is a great way to bake once, but have a nice loaf of chocolate chip pumpkin bread to snack on later!
If you only want to make one loaf, you can change the servings in the recipe card below to adjust the ingredients accordingly.
Check out some of my other bread recipes.
Don’t forget to pin it!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Grease two 3×9 loaf pans, and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar and oil.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until fully incorporated. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda. Set aside.
- Alternating, add small amounts of the flour mixture and water to the wet ingredients, mixing after each addition, until all ingredients are added.
- Mix in canned pumpkin until fully incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Pour batter into prepared pans
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pans, then carefully remove.