Love succulents but have a hard time keeping plants of any variety alive? Check out this faux succulent planter that you can make yourself. The best part is it’s black-thumb proof!
I took a bit of a break this week on Spring cleaning and organizing my home while my mom was in town visiting for Easter. I’ll be back next week with more organizing posts!
While my mom was visiting, we walked around the San Antonio Botanical Gardens. There was so much in bloom!! Probably my favorite part was the succulent garden.
I have a slight obsession with succulents and have been wanting to create my own cute planter for inside. I have a few planted outside, but I don’t have to worry about them dying here in Texas. If I had live ones inside, they may not do as well, since I tend to kill indoor plants.
When I saw these faux succulents at Dollar Tree, I knew I could make a DIY faux succulent planter that I wouldn’t have to worry about killing in the house.
DIY Faux Succulent Planter
What you’ll need:
- Metal container (I got mine from Hobby Lobby)
- Floral foam or styrofoam to fit container
- Succulent stems –Mine came from Dollar Tree but amazon has some great choices!
- Decorative moss
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Start by cutting floral foam to the size of the metal container.
- Next, decide on placement of the succulent stems. Simply push them down into the foam.
- After the succulents are in place, glue on moss to cover the foam using the hot glue gun. You could use decorative rocks instead.
This was so easy to make and I can’t believe how beautiful it turned out. My obsession with succulents makes me want to make about 10 more of these!
More Succulent Ideas:
Love it? Pin it!
Love what you see??
Subscribe to get our weekly email updates and subscriber only freebies. You'll never miss out on recipes, DIY projects or helpful tips and life hacks.