Keeping a dresser full of clothes neat and tidy can be a little difficult. Here’s my easy dresser organization tips and tricks to help you tame the clothes monster.
Welcome to the Drawer Organization Blog Hop!
I’ve teamed up with 10 bloggers for the entire month of April to organize the drawers around our home. Each week we are featuring a different room around the house to focus on. This is week four and our last challenge! Check out how we tackled our bedroom drawers this week.
Make sure you check back on the last few week’s drawer organization projects:
- Week One–Simple Utensil Drawer Organization
- Week Two–How to Organize Planner Supplies
- Week Three–Easy Bathroom Drawer Organization
Easy Dresser Organization Tips
My husband and I were so spoiled in our last house because we both had our own GIANT walk in closet in our master bedroom. That meant just about all of my clothes got hung up in the closet, and we didn’t have to fight over space in our small dresser.
Well our current place still has two closets, but both combined are about the size of just one of those walk in closets we used to have. Luckily, my husband doesn’t have a bunch of clothes, but I do seem to collect a ton of t-shirts and tank tops. In my small closet I keep my dress clothes and dresses hung up, but I like to keep my tanks and tees in our dresser drawers for easy access. I decided for this week’s challenge to take on those drawers in particular.
I don’t have any before photos because I just picked up these collapsible bins from Ikea and went to work! I’ll be honest though, the before wasn’t too bad. I did tend to keep my clothes folded up pretty nicely, but the problem I was running into was having the space to fit them all.
- Use some collapsible bins to keep like items, such as t-shirts, tank tops, shorts etc., together. I really do like these from Ikea.
- Fold each piece of clothing the same way so when they are put in the bins, everything is neat and uniform looking.
- Stack folded clothes vertically to fit more pieces into each bin and drawer.
- Roll sweatpants, shorts and pajamas to fit more into each space.
As you can see, my t-shirt drawer definitely has more room now to fit a few more and before I did not have that luxury. I will definitely stick with keeping my clothes stacked vertically. Plus this way I can see each piece instead of rifling through them and disrupting the organization.