A rainbow blend of fruit, combined with a sweet and tart dressing makes this honey lime fruit salad a sure to be hit at any Summer cookout.
I love mixing up a big bowl of fruit in the summer time. Fresh fruit is always in abundance, it’s cheap and so colorful, plus it’s pretty good for you. My husband loves eating it mixed with a little bit of yogurt and granola for breakfast, but I prefer it just as it is. My issues with textures prevents me from mixing it with anything else. Yes, you read that right.
I’ve always had issues with texture. Peaches are one thing that come to mind, as well as lumpy mashed potatoes. And for the longest time I REFUSED to eat yogurt that had any sort of fruit mixed into it. I just couldn’t stand if a food that should be creamy and smooth had a lump of something in it.
Usually when I make a fruit salad, I don’t add any sort of dressing or sauce to it-the fruit speaks for itself. This time though I thought I would get a little bit fancy and add a honey lime dressing to spruce it up a bit. Guys, it took this plain ol’ fruit salad to the next level of deliciousness.
We served this at our party a few weeks ago, but this honey lime fruit salad is the perfect addition for a Summer cookout, for breakfast or even just to have in the fridge for a quick snack.
More Summer cookout recipes:
- Summer Recipes for the Grill
- Sugar Free Broccoli Salad
- Fruity Summer Drinks
- Simple and Delicious Summer Cookout Recipes
Pin for Later!
Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- 1 container strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 container blueberries
- 3 kiwis peeled and sliced
- 1 pineapple peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup honey
- Splash of orange juice
- Juice and zest from 1 lime
- Whisk together honey, orange juice, lime juice and zest in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the prepared fruit.
- Pour honey citrus mixture over fruit and toss to combine.
- Keep in the refrigerator and serve chilled.