All through October, the other Merry Monday hosts and I are going to be sharing cookie and dessert recipes with you. Once a week, I will post a new dessert recipe for you. We have also opened up the sharing to our Merry Monday linkers to share their favorite cookie or dessert recipes at the Merry Monday Link Party. We will be adding your recipes to a separate linkup that is at the bottom of this page. We’ve also included all of the recipes the hosts are sharing so you can find them in one easy place. Make sure to come back each week to see what everyone is sharing!
Pumpkin Cake Roll
For the Cake
- 3 eggs , at room temperature
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Powdered sugar
For the filling
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan and line with greased wax paper.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, salt and nutmeg in a small bowl; set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, beat room temperature eggs on high speed for about 5 minutes, or until thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice
- Fold in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Spread batter out onto prepared pan and sprinkle top with walnuts.
- Bake 15 minutes until done.
- Immediately turn out cake onto a towel sprinkled with powdered sugar
- Remove wax paper and roll towel and cake into a spiral. Let cool
- Unroll towel and spread cake with the cream cheese filling *see recipe below*
- Roll up and trim edges.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving.
For the Filling
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla together in a medium bowl until creamy.
- Gradually mix in powdered sugar until smooth.