Warm, gooey pumpkin cinnamon rolls, topped with a sweet cream icing are the perfect pairing to large hot cup of coffee. Enjoy these rolls for breakfast, or as an afternoon indulgence!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SplashofDelight #CollectiveBias. Read my disclosure policy here.
Fall is in full swing around here and pumpkin has exploded everywhere! I’m totally OK with that though, because I am a pumpkin girl through and through. I enjoy the flavor of pumpkin and the smell of pumpkin spice year round!! It really took everything in me to not share this delicious recipe for pumpkin cinnamon rolls with you way back in April. I figured I should at least let Spring and Summer have their time in the limelight. But now that Fall is here, pumpkin is fair game!
My favorite thing about these pumpkin cinnamon rolls (besides the whole pumpkin part) is that they are an amazing companion to my morning cup of coffee. I simply cannot function until I have my morning cup of coffee.
Would you believe I even made the sweet cream icing for these pumpkin cinnamon rolls with the International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream? The creamers are really easy to add to recipes! For the icing, I just swapped milk for International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream in a traditional icing recipe. International Delight® Creamer isn’t just for coffee anymore!
I’ve even been known to indulge in these pumpkin cinnamon rolls for a mid afternoon snack. After all, my husband isn’t a fan of sweet breakfast foods so there’s more for me to enjoy. Might as well enjoy them more often than just for breakfast right?
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Sweet Cream Icing
- 3/4 cup milk , warmed
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 TBSP pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 4 TBSP butter melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- 4 oz cream cheese , softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 TBSP International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve yeast in warmed milk*. Let the mixture get frothy, about 3 minutes.
- Gently mix in melted butter, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and egg just until combined.
- With the dough hook attached, mix in flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Kneed mixture with the dough hook on medium speed until a ball forms, or about 7 minutes. If mixture is too dry, add 1 tsp milk at a time until ball forms. If mixture is too wet, add 1 tsp flour at a time until ball forms.
- Spray a bowl with non stick spray, place ball of dough in and cover with plastic wrap. Let dough rise in a warm place** until doubled in size, about 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Grease a 9x13 glass baking pan and set aside.
- Once dough has doubled, turn out onto a floured surface and roll to roughly 13" x 24"
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- With a spatula, gently spread butter out onto prepared dough, leaving about 1/2" on all sides.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over top. Lightly pat with the back of spatula, or you hands to make it stick.
- Starting with the long edge, gently roll dough up into a tight log.
- Slice into 1" wide rolls with a knife and place into prepared 9x13 pan.
- Cover rolls and let them rise in a warm area until doubled in size about 1 hour.
- Once rolls have doubled in size, bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined. Add in 3-4 TBSP International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream and mix until desired consistency. I prefer mine to be slightly runny so more creamer may be necessary.
- Drizzle icing over prepared rolls.
**For letting dough rise, preheat an oven to 350 for 2 minutes then shut off. This creates a slightly warm environment for the yeast to work it's magic.