Delicious and filling sausage and vegetable foil packets that are full of flavor. Enjoy this foil pack dinner camping or on the grill!
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read our disclosure policy.
Read also: Low Carb Campfire Dinners
Sometimes keeping dinner filling, low carb and easy while out camping can be a little difficult, so that’s where this foil pack dinner comes in! They are super easy to make, and cook with little to no fuss.
I like to chop up our veggies before any camping trip, so most of the prep is already done with it comes to making these sausage and vegetables foil packs.
We use the Johnsonville Better Cheddar Sausages, but you could use any type of pre-cooked sausage. I’ve also tried this recipe with bratwurst, but it does take a bit longer to make sure they are cooked through.
How to make foil packet dinners
They are really easy to make! Cut two pieces of aluminum foil to approximately 12″ x 18″, and lay them out on the counter. One piece of foil will lay length-wise and the other width-wise on top of it. You can see what I mean in the really terrible photo below.
Then just place your ingredients in the center of the foil! Try not to overfill them, and make sure you are using strong foil.
Wrap up the top layer of foil, and then wrap up the bottom layer. This will keep everything secured inside the foil packet, and the double layer helps keep the vegetables from tasting like smoke if you are cooking over a campfire.
Of course, you can also make these sausage and vegetable foil packets on the grill or even in the oven. Heat your grill or oven up to 425, and place the foil packets inside on a grill pan or baking sheet. Let them cook for about 25 minutes before removing them.
Perhaps the best part of this foil pack dinner is you don’t need to prep anything else to go with it! It really is dinner in one pack. However, if your family wants something extra, here are some easy ideas to accompany your sausage and vegetable foil packets:
- Cottage cheese
- Fruit Salad (prep ahead!)
- Chips, low carb tortilla chips, or pork rinds if sticking to low carb.
- Cookout Ready Pasta Salad Recipes
Don’t forget to pin it for later!
Sausage and Vegetables Foil Pack
- 6 pre-cooked sausages we like Johnsonville better cheddar, sliced into bite size pieces
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper finely diced
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cauliflower chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese optional
- Get your campfire going, or preheat grill or oven to 425 degrees
- Cut 8 sheets of foil, approximately 12"x 18". Lay one sheet down width-wise, and then another on top length-wise. This will create a cross.
- Repeat for the other sets of foil
- In each pack, place 1 tbsp butter, 1/2 minced garlic clove, 1/4 of the chopped veggies, and 1/4 of the sliced sausages.
- Season each pack with salt and pepper as needed and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- To close the pack, take the top layer of foil and fold it up. Then fold up the bottom layer.
- Stick the foil packs on top of the campfire. If using a grill or oven, place inside. Cook packs for 20-25 minutes.