Oven Baked Breaded Pork Chops
Delicious with a crunch! Make your own “shake n bake” breading for pork chops with simple ingredients for these oven baked breaded pork chops.
This recipe was originally published in December 2013, but has since been updated.
My usual go-to method for cooking pork chops is cooking them with a can of cream of mushroom soup. Since I didn’t have any of the soup, and I really didn’t feel like trying to make some from scratch, I let my hubby decide between grilling or baking them. When we use the grill he is usually the one doing it, so he went with baked chops.
How to Make Oven Baked Breaded Pork Chops
This baked and breaded pork chop recipe starts with boneless loin pork chops. Let the pork chops come to room temperature first. While the chops come up to temperature, mix up the breading. I find it easiest to set up a “breading station” with one shallow container for eggs, one for the breading mixture, and a prepared baking sheet.
In one shallow dish beat 2 eggs and add 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. In a second shallow dish combine 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder, and smoked paprika, 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, and cayenne (optional).
I like to use both Panko crumbs and Italian seasoned bread crumbs. You could use just plain bread crumbs, but the Italian seasoning gives the pork chops a nice flavor while the Panko adds some crunch.
Next prepare a baking dish or baking sheet with some oil or cooking spray. I used a nonstick olive oil spray but vegetable oil or any cooking spray will work just fine. You could also use parchment paper.
One by one, dip a pork chop in the egg mixture, then dredge in the panko/breadcrumb mixture. When finished place the breaded pork chops on the prepared baking dish or sheet.
Bake the breaded pork chops at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes for 1/2″ thick boneless chops. Make sure to turn them halfway through so both sides crisp evenly. They are cooked through when no longer pink or the juices run clear and the internal temperature reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit. After they are cooked, I like to turn the broiler on for about 5 minutes just to make them a little more crispy.
Allow the pork chops to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
What to Serve with Oven Baked Breaded Pork Chops
- Easy Microwave Cooked Carrots
- Slow Cooker Green Beans
- The Easiest Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Easy Oven Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Baked Zucchini Slices
More Pork Recipes to Try
Don’t forget to pin it!
Oven Baked Breaded Pork Chops
Delicious with a crunch! Make your own "shake n bake" breading for pork chops with simple ingredients for these oven baked breaded pork chops.
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- Let the pork chops come to room temperature and trim excess fat before breading.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking dish or sheet with parchment paper, or grease with cooking oil.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together 2 eggs and 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce.
- In a second shallow dish, mix together both types of breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings.
- One pork chop at a time, dip into the egg mixture, then into the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet or dish.
- Continue step 6 for all 4 pork chops.
- Place pork chops in the heated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Flip the pork chops halfway through cooking.
- The pork chops are done when internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit is reached.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases made by clicking some links. I only recommend products I use personally.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 pork chop
Amount Per Serving Calories 517Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 207mgSodium 838mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 47g
Nutrition values are automatically calculated by third-party software using global standards. Please note that values can vary based on product brands and different nutritional calculators. The values stated here are only for a basic reference and are not evaluated by medical or nutritional professionals.