This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read our disclosure policy.
If you’re on the hunt for a tasty and nutritious snack that everyone in the family can enjoy, look no further than Healthy Banana Cookies. These delightful treats are not only delicious but also vegan, gluten-free, and toddler-friendly!
Packed with the natural goodness of overripe bananas, oats, and a hint of sweetness from chocolate chips, these cookies are the perfect guilt-free indulgence. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through an easy-to-follow recipe to make these wholesome cookies in your own kitchen. Let’s dive in and discover how to bake your way to a batch of scrumptious Vegan Banana Oat Cookies!
How to Make 6 Ingredient Banana Cookies
Baking a batch of Banana Oat Cookies is a healthy choice for you and your loved ones. With their vegan, gluten-free, and toddler-friendly qualities, these cookies are perfect for any occasion, from breakfast to school lunches.
Grab those ripe bananas and oats, and get ready to whip up a batch of these delicious and wholesome treats. Enjoy the rich flavors, the soft texture, and the satisfaction of indulging in a guilt-free snack that is as nourishing as it is delightful!
Equipment Needed for Banana Cookie Recipe
- mixing bowls
- baking sheet
- Silicone Baking Mat
- measuring cups and spoons
- Cookie Dough Scoop
- Wire Cooling Rack
Ingredients in Healthy Banana Cookies
Before we get started, let’s take a look at the key ingredients to make these banana cookies:
- 2 Overripe Bananas: The riper the bananas, the sweeter and more flavorful your cookies will be.
- 2 Cups Oats: Oats are the heart of these cookies, providing texture and a boost of fiber.
- 1/4 Cup Milk of Choice: You can use cow’s milk or plant-based milk like almond, soy, or oat milk.
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Chocolate Chips: Optional. For that irresistible touch of sweetness and a hint of indulgence.
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Step 1: Mash the Bananas
In a large bowl, take the overripe bananas and mash them thoroughly using a fork or potato masher until they form a smooth puree.
Step 2: Combine Applesauce and Milk
Add the unsweetened applesauce and milk to the mashed bananas in the bowl. Stir well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Step 3: Add Oats, Vanilla, and Cinnamon
Pour in the rolled oats followed by the vanilla extract and cinnamon. Continue stirring until the mixture is smooth and evenly distributed.
Step 4: Fold in the Chocolate Chips
Gently fold the chocolate chips into the banana cookie dough, ensuring they are evenly distributed for a delightful chocolatey surprise in every bite. You could also substitute the chocolate chips for cranberries or omit them completely.
Step 5: Form the Cookies
Using a large spoon or cookie dough scoop, drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the prepared sheet, leaving enough space between each cookie. For a uniform shape, you can lightly smush the cookies flat with your finger or the back of the spoon.
Step 6: Bake to Perfection
Place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies turn golden brown around the edges. The baking time may vary depending on your oven, so keep a close eye on them to prevent over-baking.
Step 7: Enjoy!
Once the cookies are done baking, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Grab a cookie or two, and savor the wholesome goodness of your homemade Banana Oat Cookies!
Benefits of Banana Oat Cookies
Apart from their delicious taste, these cookies offer numerous health benefits:
- Vegan and Gluten-Free: Ideal for individuals with dietary restrictions, these cookies contain no animal products or gluten, making them suitable for vegans and those with gluten sensitivity or intolerance.
- Toddler-Friendly: These cookies are an excellent snack option for toddlers and young children as they contain natural sugars from ripe bananas and no added refined sugars.
- High in Fiber: Thanks to the oats, these cookies are rich in dietary fiber, promoting good digestion and providing a feeling of fullness.
- Nutrient-Packed: Bananas are a fantastic source of essential nutrients such as potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6.
How to Store Banana Cookies
Store these delicious vegan-friendly cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for up to a week in the fridge. You can also freeze banana oat cookies in a ziploc bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Healthy Recipes to Try
- Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
- No Bake Protein Bars
- Blueberry Muffins with Greek Yogurt Recipe
Make sure to check out the web-story for this recipe
Don’t forget to pin it!
Healthy Banana Cookies
- Wire Cooling Rack
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 cups rolled oats or quick oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, smash the ripe bananas using a fork or masher until they are smooth.
- Add in the unsweetened applesauce and milk of choice. Stir until mixed well
- Stir in the oats, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Use a large spoon or cookie dough scoop to drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- For a more uniform cookie like shape, lightly smash the cookies with the back of a spoon.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. The cookies are done when the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven when finished and allow them to cool for several minutes on the baking sheet.