Need a quick and easy low carb and keto friendly dinner idea that doesn’t take a ton of prep work or dishes? Then you need to add this cheesy chicken bacon broccoli bake to your recipe rotation! It’s packed full of flavor and cheesy goodness, but simple enough to have it on the table in 30 minutes!
We’ve been in a dinner rut lately. Do you ever get in those? Where all of your go to dinner ideas just don’t seem appealing and you are craving something different? With the cold weather I had been experimenting with different low carb soups, like this zuppa toscana, or my husband’s favorite bacon cheeseburger soup. But now the weather is trying to warm up and I find myself wanting to get out and grill.
Well, since grilling is still out for probably another month or so, I had to get a little creative with our dinners. That’s how this cheesy chicken bacon broccoli bake was born. I have made bacon wrapped chicken in the past, but it’s usually when I make stuffed chicken breasts. Well if you’ve ever tried making stuffed anything, you know it’s not exactly a quick 30 minute dinner option.
So yea, I guess you could call this my lazy version of bacon wrapped stuffed chicken. Minus the cream cheese stuffing. And instead I threw in some broccoli to make it an easy, one dish dinner that doesn’t take a ton of time to bake or prep.
I’ve made this cheesy chicken bacon broccoli bake several times, and find that I like adding the broccoli about 10 minutes into the baking time. This gives the bacon a little time to cook and get crispier edges. Then I throw the broccoli on top and cover with shredded cheese. Once the chicken has cooked through, I’ll kick on the broiler on high and let the cheese get extra bubbly. It also gives the broccoli and bacon some extra crisp! Delicious!
Cheesy Chicken Bacon Broccoli Bake
- 4 thin chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 tbsp cajun season or favorite spices
- 4 strips bacon cut in half
- 3 cups broccoli cut into florets
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9x9 glass baking dish.Place chicken breasts in baking dish and season with 1/2 tbsp cajun seasoning or you favorite seasoning blend.Lay 2 half strips of bacon across each chicken breast to cover them.Bake uncovered for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Add broccoli to baking dish on top of the chicken and bacon and season with the remaining cajun seasoning. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and return to the oven for 15 more minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.Stick under broiler for 3-5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- NET carbs--4g
What are some of your favorite dinner ideas that help you get out the rut??