Creamy and hearty Bacon Cheeseburger Soup you can make on the stove top or in the slow cooker. It’s packed full of flavor AND a delicious low carb alternative to the traditional soup.
My husband rarely raves about recipes I make, unless it’s his absolute favorite italian beef. It’s not because what I make isn’t great, he just isn’t a picky eater. If something doesn’t strike his fancy he just pours on some extra hot sauce and adds cheese. But this bacon cheeseburger soup is a different story. Yes, he still adds more cheese and hot sauce, but after making this soup once, he actually begged me to make it again. And I couldn’t help but comply. I love eating soups in the Fall and Winter months!
We have had some pretty chilly evenings so far this Fall, but I have down right refused to turn on our heat. I guess it’s mostly due to the fact that I just can’t believe it’s already time to kick on the furnace. This time last year I was still hanging out in Texas waiting for our home to sell. In fact, when I finally left Texas towards the end of November, I was still running the A/C!
Currently as I write this, it’s a chilly 65 degrees in our house and last week it was even colder. Don’t get me wrong, I am so glad to live in an area that has all four seasons, I’m just not thankful when it comes to paying our gas bill. So I’m going to hold out on the furnace until I can’t possibly stand it anymore.
Thank goodness for this hearty bacon cheeseburger soup! It warms us up on super chilly evenings (like last night), and having the stove on helps heat up the house too. Now if only I had a low carb bread recipe to go with it so I’d have an excuse to turn on our oven.
If you don’t want to make this soup on the stove, I’ve also included directions to make it in your slow cooker. I’ve made it both ways and each time the bacon cheeseburger soup comes out amazing! And if you aren’t following a low carb diet, feel free to sub out the cauliflower for potato!
Looking for more soup ideas? Check these out:
- 30+ Filling Fall Soup Recipes
- Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Hearty Slow Cooker Soups and Stews
- Slow Cooker Cheddar Beer Soup
- Healthy Vegetable Beef Soup
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Creamy Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup
- Loaded Potato Soup
Don’t forget to pin it!
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tsp steak seasoning or whatever spices you prefer
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper diced
- 1 cup cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot or dutch oven, fry bacon. Drain off extra grease and set bacon aside on a paper towel. Place ground beef, garlic, seasoning, onion and green pepper in pot and cook until beef is no longer pink. Again drain off excess fat and grease.Add in cauliflower, carrots, celery and chicken broth. Bring pot to a boil, reduce to simmer and cover. Simmer until vegetables are tender.In a small sauce pan, add heavy cream and whisk in xanthan gum. Bring to a low boil and immediately reduce heat. When the mixture has thickened slightly, add it to the pot of soup and stir. Slowly add in shredded cheese 1/4 cup at a time and whisk to ensure it melts evenly. Adding the entire cup at once may cause the cheese to melt in clumps. Let soup simmer 10 more minutes until desired thickness.