I cannot believe Thanksgiving is next week! It’s crazy to think that November is more than halfway over, and soon it will be Christmas! Seriously where did 2015 go?
Last week I mentioned how I don’t usually decorate for Thanksgiving, but this year I just couldn’t help myself. This adorable Painted Gather and Feast sign was so easy to make that the hardest thing for me to do was choose which font to use. First world problems folks.
The piece of wood I used was from my scrap wood pile, and is a piece I was testing out stain combinations on. I used a gray stain, followed with a dry brushing of white chalky paint, then went over it with a walnut stain. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out!
I used a white paint pen to write the words, and was very happy with how easy it was. There is no way I could get crisp letters painting by hand, especially after 3 cups of coffee 😉
And just because I like ya’ll so so much, here’s the tutorial so you can make your very own Painted Gather and Feast sign:
What You’ll Need
- Piece of wood
- Wood stain
- Printer and paper
- White paint pen(I like Sharpie the best)
- Hardware for hanging
How to Create a Painted Gather and Feast Sign
- Start with cutting the wood to desired size. Mine is 14″ long.
- Stain the wood in color of your choice.
- Print out “gather & feast” in font of choice and cut it out to fit the wood.
- Shade over the back of the paper in chalk. Flip the paper over and using a pencil, trace over the outline of the words, leaving a chalk outline when you are finished.
- Using a white paint pen, go over chalk outlines and fill in when finished.
- If you are planning to hang the sign when you are finished, apply hanging hardware like a sawtooth hanger.