I am the queen of thinking I have something in my pantry, when in reality I don’t.
Case in point…
Two weeks ago, I was making breaded chicken that was going to be served over fettuccine Alfredo. I get everything almost cooked, go to my pantry for a jar of Alfredo sauce, only to realize there is none.
Instead of ruining the meal by using a tomato based sauce, I quickly decided to try making homemade alfredo sauce.
Guys, it was a huge success. It was so creamy–so cheesy–so full of Alfredo goodness–that I don’t think I’ll be buying the jarred stuff ever again.
Yes. Never. Ever.
Just in case you decide you want to break free from the chains of jarred Alfredo sauce too, and start making it from scratch, I thought I would share my recipe
Just know, that once you go scratch, you’ll never go back. (just pretend that rhymes–for me?)
You’ve been warned…
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup cream, or whole milk would work too
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 small cloves or 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Increase heat to medium high, and add in cream.
- Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in seasonings and garlic.
- Reduce heat to simmer and whisk in Parmesan cheese.
- Once all cheese is melted, remove from heat.
- Serve with pasta, or as a dipping sauce.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 1345Total Fat 126gSaturated Fat 79gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 40gCholesterol 402mgSodium 2028mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 46g