Layers of refried beans, guacamole, sour cream and cheese make this Mexican 7-layer dip both flavorful and addicting. You’ll definitely want this yummy dip for your next party!
Next to my garlic, bacon ranch cheeseball, this Mexican 7-layer dip is my most requested appetizer to make for any gathering. Not only is it really easy to make, but it is SO unbelievably good. All of the flavors blend together into this creamy, cheesy Mexican flavor packed concoction and you can’t stop at just one bite.
My favorite way to eat this dip is with tortilla chips, but it’s also a great dip to accompany carrot and celery sticks. Or, you could just grab a spoon and dig in! There’s no judgement from me how you eat it, but just be warned that once you start, it’s hard to stop.
The original recipe I’ve used for years calls for green onion but you can also use regular onion as well. The green onion is a little more flavorful and makes the dip more colorful. And who doesn’t like a colorful appetizer?
I’ll be honest though, when I make this Mexican 7-layer dip to my taste, it’s usually a 5-layer dip. I cannot stand black olives, and am not a fan of tomatoes. I’ll tolerate tomatoes when necessary, but the black olives have to go! If I have my choice those two toppings never make it onto my Mexican 7-layer dip and I’m just fine without them.
This dip is extremely easy to make–literally all of the ingredients are layered one on top of the other until you have a delicious Mexican flavored concoction!! Even the most challenged person in the kitchen can make this easy Mexican 7-layer dip. There’s no ingenuity or genius required, which is exactly the kind of recipe I love making.
Watch the quick less than 3 minute video to see the process for making your very own easy Mexican 7-layer dip!
Looking for more snack ideas? Check these out:
- Slow Cooker Spinach Queso Dip
- Easy Cream Cheese Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- Low Carb Tortilla Chips
- 25 Fiesta Ready Mexican Recipes
Pin for later!
Mexican 7-Layer Dip
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 container pre made guacamole or make your own
- 16 oz container sour cream
- 1 package taco seasoning or make your own
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 1 can black olives
- In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream and taco seasoning. Set aside
- On a platter or shallow dish, spread out 1 can of refried beans smooth.
- Spoon on sour cream mixture and spread over the guacamole.
- Next layer the guacamole on top of the beans.
- Sprinkle cheese over the guacamole.
- Top with green onion, tomato and black olives over top of the shredded cheese.
- Serve chilled with tortilla chips!