Thick, creamy and hearty are the words that come to mind to describe this Instant Pot Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup. It’s the perfect recipe to enjoy on a cold Winter day, and is ready in no time!
Mother Nature has really given it to us this Winter. First with getting snowstorms as early as October, then with the Polar Vortex sweeping through putting us in the coldest temps I can remember. In fact, as I write this, we are under an ice storm warning because of a front coming through. Needless to say, we have really needed this Instant Pot Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup to warm our bodies and souls.
Besides warming up our souls, this amazing and simple Instant Pot Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup also has an unexpected, yet necessary, added ingredient. Like any good keto-er I added some crispy bacon to really boost the flavor. It’s simply perfect!
Before we get to the recipe, let me clarify just a few things and share a few tips I’ve learned when it comes to this Instant Pot Keto broccoli cheese soup.
Notes about Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- While this recipe is keto friendly, you can certainly still enjoy it even if you aren’t on a ketogenic diet. To lighten up the high fat content you could sub out the heavy cream for some half and half or even whole milk. Please note, however, that the soup will not be as thick and creamy. If you want it to be thicker, try adding a cornstarch slurry after cooking. You could also check out my more traditional recipe for Broccoli Cheese Soup.
- If you do not have an Instant Pot, don’t fret! While I recommend this miracle kitchen appliance to everyone I meet, and I can’t believe I waited so long to get one, you most certainly can make this Instant Pot Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup in a slow cooker. I’ve included the instructions on the recipe card below just for you!
- While the Instant Pot is doing its thing, cook your bacon in the oven! Less mess and less bacon smell throughout the house. Set the oven to 375 and place bacon on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of the bacon and desired crispiness.
It took us awhile to jump onto the Instant Pot bandwagon (I’m always slow to try new trends) but I am 1000% hooked! This little appliance is seriously a life and time saver. I was crazy skeptical about it, and admittedly a little terrified of it. But, I have fallen in love and use it just about every chance I get. It’s the best addition to our kitchen since our Crock Pot!
If you are new to the Instant Pot world, you may be interested in The Instant Pot Advanced Quick Start Mini Course. It’s a 5-day email course that includes printables, cooking times, beginner recipes, and more. It’s perfect if you are new to the Instant Pot, or just need some new beginner recipes.
More comforting soup recipes:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup | Low Carb and Keto
- Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Slow Cooker Cheddar Beer Soup
- Healthy Vegetable Beef Soup
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners
Don’t Forget to Pin it!
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 slices bacon, cooked, fat drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- Add all ingredients minus cream, bacon and cheddar to the inner pot of the pressure cooker. Stir to combine.
- Close lid and close off vent. Select Soup and Normal pressure. Set timer to 10 minutes. It will take the pot 10-15 minutes to build pressure before cooking time starts.
- While pressure cooker is going, fry up bacon (optional addition), drain grease and crumble
- After pressure cooker is finished, allow steam to natural release for 10 minutes. Then quick release the rest of the way.
- Remove inner pot from cooker (it will be hot so use caution!) and set on a hot pad.
- Stir in cream and bacon. Then use a whisk and slowly stir in cheddar cheese in small amounts to prevent clumping. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes to give the cream and cheese time to thicken the soup.
- Serve warm
Make sure you read the tips outlined above before cooking!
For Slow Cooker:
- Add all ingredients minus cream, bacon and cheddar to the pot of a Slow Cooker. Cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.
- 30 minutes before cooking is through, stir in cream, cheddar and bacon.
- Allow to finish cooking.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 361Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 17gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 96mgSodium 327mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 14g