If you are looking for a great sugar free, low-carb alternative to traditional cream cheese brownies, you’ve found it in these chewy, chocolate, keto cream cheese brownies. Curb your chocolate cravings without the guilt and still stick to your low-carb or ketogenic diet.
I have made these keto cream cheese brownies several times now. If you have been a reader for any length of time, you know that I love to bake. I would take baking over cooking, crafting, and even DIY any day. So when I started this thing called the Ketogenic Diet, I thought my baking days were over.
Well, luckily for me (and you!) they aren’t over but rather they take a little bit more trial and error. I’ve already learned how typical flours, leavening agents, and sugar behaves in traditional baking, but now I am learning a whole new way to bake.
Read Also: Keto and Low Carb Aldi Shopping Guide
See, sugar alcohols like Erythritol and Xylitol** behave differently in recipes than sugar does. It took me making these keto cream cheese brownies a few times to learn that Erythritol needs time to soak in to a liquid. It also tastes much better and less gritty in a recipe if you use powdered. Even if you don’t have powdered, you can grind it up in a food processor or blender to get a powdered consistency.
I’ve also learned that coconut flour absorbs liquid like you wouldn’t believe! That’s why it’s best to add it in to a recipe in small increments rather than at once. A recipe also takes much less of it than it would of regular all-purpose flour.
All of these tips I’ve learned slowly from trial and error, but I know I have so much more to learn when it comes to keto baking. But in the meantime, we can all enjoy these delicious keto cream cheese brownies!
**I just want to add that if you use Xylitol in your household, please please PLEASE be sure that it is out of reach of your four legged friends. Let me go into a little bit of detail about how Xylitol affects our pets. For us, it’s a great sugar substitute and most people actually prefer the taste of it to Erythritol. For our pets though, if they ingest any Xylitol, even in a small amount, it can be fatal. Their bodies react to Xylitol like they would to sugar, secreting insulin to lower their blood sugar levels. The problem is though, that Xylitol doesn’t raise their blood sugar levels. So in fact, the body is producing insulin and lowering their blood sugar level, sending them into hypoglycemia. Hypoglycemia is deadly if not treated immediately. The scary part is that Xylitol is in our sugar free gum (which is easy for a pet to find on the ground) and even some peanut butters. So please please be very careful with using this around your pets and never give your pet something that has Xylitol in it.
Looking for more low carb and keto desserts? Check out these recipes:
- Keto Brownie Cookie Bites
- The Best Low Carb Pudding Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Low Carb Snickerdoodles
And be sure to pin this post for later!!
Keto Cream Cheese Brownies
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol OR 12 drops liquid stevia
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup erythritol (or brown sugar swerve)
- 6 tbsp butter unsalted
- 3 oz unsweetened baker's chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 and butter an 8x8 pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until whipped. Mix in egg, vanilla and powdered erythritol OR 12 drops liquid stevia until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until they are frothy. Stir in powdered erythritol and let stand about 5 minutes.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate for 30 second intervals stirring between heatings, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add vanilla, salt, baking powder and melted chocolate to the bowl with the eggs and stir well.
- Slowly stir in coconut flour (in 1 tbsp increments works best)
- Once mixed, spread 3/4 of the brownie mixture into the prepared pan.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture on top and smooth it around.
- Spread the rest of the brownie mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture to create a marbled look.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick insterted in the center comes out clean