Looking for an easy side dish you can whip up in no time? This delicious and simple oven roasted zucchini recipe has you covered. Just a few ingredients and a little bit of time in the oven is all you need to create a yummy dish everyone in the family will love.
I had never really been a huge fan of zucchini, until recently. I don’t know why–maybe it’s because I never really ate it growing up? Anyway, I never usually buy the stuff or grow it, but when I did my freezer cooking a few weeks ago, I bought more than I needed.
Initially I thought I would whip up a batch of zucchini bread, because everyone needs a little zucchini bread in their lives. Amiright?
Well, I sort of forgot I had that extra zucchini after I did all of my freezer cooking. It just so happened that while I was searching for a green pepper, I came across two very sad looking zucchini (zucchinis? is this one of those weird words that the singular and plural versions are the same?) Anyway, they needed eaten–stat.
>>>Read Also–Oven Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower<<<
So I sliced both zucchini into rounds, coated them in oil, spices and parmesan and threw them in the oven. Because when you don’t know what to do with something that’s what you do. It really is a universal solution. Seriously. Although it’s maybe not the solution to that stray cat that’s been hanging around…
My husband wasn’t convinced my oven roasted zucchini would be good, but one taste and he LOVED them. Zucchini may just be making a regular appearance on my dinner table in the form of these roasty, cheesy, salty rounds. Yum!
Tips for roasting zucchini or courgette in the oven
- Don’t over cook the zucchini. I’ve found that roasting zucchini for too long can make it become a bit soggy and limp.
- Your cooking time will depend on the thickness of each sliced zucchini or courgette, so try to stay consistent at around 1/4″ thick.
- Broil the zucchini for a few minutes at the end of the roasting time to give the outer edges of the cooked zucchini rounds a bit of a crunch.
I really think what sets these delicious baked zucchini slices apart is the fresh Parmesan cheese on top! It’s even better when the cheese gets a little crisp under the broiler. Delish!
More delicious side dish recipes you’ll love:
- Easy Oven Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole | Low-Carb, Keto
- Easy Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- Sugar Free Broccoli Salad
Don’t forget to pin it!
- 2-3 medium to large Zucchini, sliced 1/4" thick rounds
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place zucchini rounds in a medium sized bowl (or gallon Ziploc bag). Add oil and spices to bowl and toss zucchini to coat.
- Lay zucchini on prepared baking sheet in a single layer
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to oven for 5 more minutes
- Optional, broil for 2-3 minutes to give the outer edge a little crispier and cheese a golden brown color
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 4 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 74Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 3mgSodium 147mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 3g