Looking for an easy side dish you can whip up in no time? This delicious and simple oven roasted zucchini recipe has you covered. Just a few ingredients and a little bit of time in the oven is all you need to create a yummy dish everyone in the family will love.
I had never really been a huge fan of zucchini, until recently. I don’t know why–maybe it’s because I never really ate it growing up? Anyway, I never usually buy the stuff or grow it, but when I did my freezer cooking a few weeks ago, I bought more than I needed. Initially I thought I would whip up a batch of zucchini bread, because everyone needs a little zucchini bread in their lives. Amiright?
Well, I sort of forgot I had that extra zucchini after I did all of my freezer cooking. It just so happened that while I was searching for a green pepper, I came across two very sad looking zucchini (zucchinis? is this one of those weird words that the singular and plural versions are the same?) Anyway, they needed eaten–stat.
So what’s a girl to do? Improvise.
I ended up slicing both zucchini into rounds, coated them in oil, spices and parmesan and threw those babies in the oven. Because when you don’t know what to do with something that’s what you do. It really is a universal solution. Seriously.
Although it’s maybe not the solution to that stray cat that’s been hanging around…
My husband wasn’t convinced my oven roasted zucchini would be good, but one taste and he LOVED them. Zucchini may just be making a regular appearance on my dinner table in the form of these roasty, cheesy, salty rounds. Yum!
More delicious side dish recipes you’ll love:
- Easy Oven Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole | Low-Carb, Keto
- Easy Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- Sugar Free Broccoli Salad
Oven Roasted Zucchini
- 2-3 Zucchini , sliced into rounds
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Place zucchini rounds in a medium sized bowl (or gallon Ziploc bag)
- Coat rounds in olive oil, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper
- Lay zucchini rounds flat on a cookie sheet covered with foil.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until zucchini is soft.