This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read our disclosure policy.
Looking for a hassle-free weeknight dinner idea? Look no further! Our mouthwatering slow cooker country-style ribs recipe is a game-changer, combining tender meat, a hint of sweetness from brown sugar, a medley of seasonings, and a smoky flavored barbecue sauce that will leave you craving for more. Set it and forget it, and come back to a delightful meal that will satisfy the whole family.
These are the best slow cooker country-style ribs and are always a hit in our house. We rarely have leftovers unless I make a double batch. This crock pot recipe is an easy and cheap option for a flavorful weeknight family dinner.
How to Make Country-Style Pork Ribs in Crock Pot
- Country Style Ribs– You’ll need a 2 – 2.5lb package of boneless country-style ribs.
- Seasonings– I love to use a variation of my homemade barbecue rub, which is listed in the recipe card below.
- Barbecue Sauce– Use your favorite sauce for this recipe. We like a spicier, Texas-style sauce.
- Worcestershire Sauce– However you pronounce it, make sure to include this!
- Liquid Smoke– Optional, but it gives the recipe a nice smokey flavor!
- 6 qt Crock Pot or another brand slow cooker (we use our Instant Pot!)
- Glass Measuring Cup
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring Spoons/Cups
Step 1: Mix together the brown sugar, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Step 2: Rub the spice mix on all sides of each country-style rib until they are all fully coated. Place the ribs in the bowl of a slow cooker.
Step 3: In a small bowl, whisk together the Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, and barbeque sauce. Pour the mixture over the ribs in the slow cooker.
Step 4: Cook the ribs on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. When finished cooking, switch the slow cooker off and let the ribs stand for 10 minutes with the lid off.
When finished cooking, switch slow cooker to off and let stand for 15 minutes with lid off to let sauce thicken back up. Serve with extra barbecue sauce.
What are country-style ribs?
Country-style ribs aren’t actually ribs at all! They are cuts from where the loin meets the shoulder area of pork but boasts the same great flavor as traditional ribs. They are a perfect candidate for low and slow cooking in a Crock Pot. Read more about country style ribs from The Kitchn.
What to serve with slow cooker ribs
Just about everything goes with ribs. We love to serve ours with macaroni and cheese, or cheesy cauliflower casserole for a low-carb option. Here are some other options to serve with crock pot ribs.
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- Slow Cooker Green Beans
- Creamy Skillet Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Simple Oven Roasted Zucchini
- Easy Refrigerator Pickled Jalapeños
Can I prep crock pot ribs to freeze and cook later
Yes, you can! This slow cooker ribs recipe makes a great freezer meal to prep and cook later. Assemble everything in a freezer bag, including the liquids and barbecue sauce and place it in the freezer. When you are ready to cook, dump it in the slow cooker and cook as directed, on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
More Delicious Pork Recipes to Try
- Oven Baked Breaded Pork Chops
- Cayenne Glazed Pork Chops with Black Bean Salsa
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Delicious Crock Pot Pork Roast
Slow Cooker Ribs
- 2-2.5 lbs Country Style Ribs
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper*
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce plus more for serving.
- 2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Rub the spice mix on all sides of each country style rib. Place the ribs in the bowl of a slow cooker
- Mix the worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and barbeque sauce in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the meat.
- Turn the slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours or 4 hours on high.
- When finished cooking, switch slow cooker to off and let stand for 10 minutes with lid off to let sauce thicken back up. Serve with extra barbecue sauce.