You’re going to absolutely love this creamy skillet Brussel’s Sprouts with bacon side dish and how EASY it is to prepare!
Welcome to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas even, hosted by Shirley of Intelligent Domestications and Erlene of My Pinterventures. Between November 11th and December 6th there will be hundreds of new ideas shared by over 55 Co-Host bloggers!
Go here to see our kick-off collection of Holiday ideas as well as all of this years talented participating DIY and Foodie Blogs. Download this years November and December calendars with all of the topics and dates so you can make plans to watch for ideas!
We are also hosting a HUGE GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year! Be sure to scroll all the way down for more info and to enter to win!
Creamy Skillet Brussel’s Sprouts with Bacon
Thank you so much to Cabot Creamery for sponsoring this post and providing the yummy cheesy goodness in this creamy skillet Brussel’s Sprouts and bacon recipe! The Farmhouse Reserve and Seriously Sharp cheddar added the extra pop to this dish!
Up until a few years ago, you would NEVER catch me eating Brussel’s Sprouts. I’d never really had a bad experience with them, but just assumed I’d hate them. Boy was I wrong!
Brussel’s Sprouts have become one of my favorite vegetables, next to cauliflower. We love to eat them just roasted in our house, but hands down my favorite way to eat them is in this creamy skillet dish covered in cheese and bacon. Because cheese and bacon makes everything taste 1000 times better right?
This dish does work well for potlucks or gatherings because you can cook it up at home in a cast iron skillet. Then once you get to the gathering, pop it in the oven to let it heat up and the cheese get bubbly. Seriously, it reheats so well! And if you find that it’s a little thick for your taste, add a bit of broth to thin it out some.
What is your favorite way to enjoy Brussel’s Sprouts?
Don’t forget to Pin It!
Creamy Skillet Brussel's Sprouts with Bacon
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 pounds Brussel's Sprouts trimmed and halved
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Sharp Vermont Cheddar
- In a large cast iron skillet, fry bacon over medium heat. Remove from pan and set on a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- Drain off most of the bacon grease. Melt 2 tbsp butter in the pan.
- Add the Brussel's Sprouts and onion to pan. Saute on medium high heat until the sprouts are slightly browned. Add in the garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
- Stir in the heavy cream, salt and pepper and crumbled bacon. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat to very low. Let the cream thicken and reduce some.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in shredded cheddar cheese.
12 Days of Holidays Ideas Hop:
- Day 1–Gift Ideas– Gift Ideas for the Foodie
- Day 2–Holiday Survival Guides– Guide to Surviving the Holidays as an Introvert
- Day 3– Kid’s Crafts
- Day 4– Games
- Day 5– Advent Calendars
- Day 6– Simple Evergreen Hoop Wreath
- Day 7–Ornaments– Paint Pour Christmas Ornaments
- Day 8–Printables– Funny Hand Lettered Gift Tags for Handmade Gifts
- Day 9–Pot Luck Recipes–You’re Here
- Day 10– Desserts
- Day 11– Breakfast Recipes
- Day 12– Christmas Tree
More pot luck recipes for the holidays:
And now, let’s meet the sponsors of this amazing blog hop. They’ve generously donated some FABULOUS prizes for our Big Christmas Giveaway!
- DecoArt winner will receive a prize package valued at $100!
- Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar winner will receive a Keurig Coffee Maker valued at $100!
- Oriental Trading winner will receive an OrientalTrading.com gift card valued at $200!
- Cabot Cheese winner will receive a gift basket of Cabot products valued at $75!
- Burlap Fabric winner will receive a prize pack of products valued at $50!
- Zulay Kitchens winner will receive one Milk Frother and a Lemon Squeezer valued at $21/strong>
- It’s Home To You winner will receive one wooden Santa sign valued at $65
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019 and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of seven winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only. Terms & Conditions.