Most weeks, I will cook up either a whole chicken, or several large chicken breasts for shredded chicken. This makes it so much easier for meal prep and dinners are quicker when the chicken is ready to go. I generally cook the chicken in my Crock Pot with a little bit of salt and pepper. You can cook 5-6 breasts on high, and they will be finished in 4 hours. Of course you can bake the chicken breasts too, or make a whole Rotisserie style chicken. If you don’t think you will finish all of the chicken that week, it also freezes really well.
After cooking, the easiest way I’ve found to shred a large amount of chicken in no time is to use my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. Simply place the 2 or 3 chicken breasts in the bowl, turn the mixer on low and let it go for about 30 seconds. You have perfectly shredded chicken, ready to be used in any recipe!
Our favorite ways to use up shredded chicken is to make quesadillas and salads. I love tossing some of the chicken in some buffalo sauce to make sandwiches, or a quick salad with a little zing. Burrito bowls are also quickly becoming a favorite of my husband’s.
I’m constantly on the lookout for new and exciting shredded chicken recipes to try too. This roundup combines 12 of the most interesting and the tried and true shredded chicken recipes you can whip up quickly on those busy weeknights, or enjoy on a lazy Sunday evening.
12 Shredded Chicken Recipes
- Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup | Macaroni & Cheesecake
- Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti | Gimme Some Oven
- Buffalo Chicken Cheesy Penne | Whitney Bond
- Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole | Jo Cooks
- One Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Pasta | Domestically Creative
- Easy Yellow Curry | Domestically Creative
- Chicken Chilaquiles | Healthy Seasonal Recipes
- Chicken Noodle Soup from Scratch | A Pinch of Healthy
- Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps | Mel’s Kitchen
- Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas | Self Proclaimed Foodie
- Chicken Pot Pie | Lovely Little Kitchen
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup | Damn Delicious
Looking for more chicken recipes?
- 30 Minute Cilantro Lime Chicken Marinade
- Rotisserie Style Chicken
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- One Pan Chili Lime Skillet Chicken
- One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Zoodles
Don’t forget to pin it!