Never question what’s for dinner by creating a monthly meal plan just for your family. I’m sharing my low carb April meal plan so you can get some ideas.
Yesterday I went on a Spring cleaning binge! I decided to tackle some drawers in my kitchen which spiraled into a deep cleaning session, complete with emptying all of the drawers and cabinets and giving them a good wipe down. Then when that was all finished I decided to move on to our deep freezer. That freezer has been neglected for awhile, and was in desperate need of attention. I still had breads, muffins and other carb laden concoctions I threw in there last year this time when we embarked on our keto lifestyle. I thought for sure there would be a time that we would go back to eating those delicious sugary carbs, but we haven’t. In the trash they had to go. I hate wasting food, but after spending a year in the freezer I can’t imagine any of it was edible.
Something else I discovered in that deep freeze was that I am sort of a meat hoarder. I mean, I guess I’ve always had my suspicion, but cleaning out that freezer confirmed it! So for the month of April, I’m giving myself the challenge of not buying any meat and eating from what we have in the freezer. I don’t think it will be a problem though and we could probably survive longer without purchasing any. If you are wondering, we have about 5lbs of bacon, 9lbs of ground beef, several packages of chicken breasts, some stew meat, thin strip steaks and even elk burger and tilapia to get us through the month. I tend to go a little overboard when stuff is on sale, but it keeps me from having to pay full price and that’s the whole reason we have this deep freezer, right?
April Meal Plan
Week 1–April 2nd-8th
- Trying to make these breakfast muffins in a low carb version–wish me luck!
- Monday– Beef Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice
- Tuesday– Creamy Cajun Chicken and Zoodles
- Wednesday– Mexican Chorizo Breakfast Skillet
- Thursday– Elk burgers, this amazing brussles sprouts recipe
- Friday– Pizza! (we LOVE this fat head dough) Here’s a non low-carb deep dish version
- Saturday– Lemon Chicken and Broccoli
- Sunday– Zuppa Toscana
Week 2–April 9th- 15th
- Monday- Baked and breaded chicken tenders (a low carb version) cheesy cauliflower casserole
- Tuesday– Chili Lime Skillet Chicken with zoodles
- Thursday–Beef and broccoli over cauliflower rice
- Friday– Baked chicken wings, Brussels sprouts
- Saturday–Vegetable beef soup (no potatoes, sub cauliflower)
- Sunday– Bacon wrapped meatloaf and mashed cauliflower
Week 3–April 16th- 22nd
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Jalapeno Popper Fat Bombs
- Monday–Slow Cooker Ribs
- Tuesday– Mexican Chorizo Skillet
- Wednesday–Cheesy Chicken Bacon and Broccoli Bake
- Thursday– Low Carb chili with jalapeno elk burger (extra meat, no beans)
- Friday– Pizza
- Saturday– Baked Chicken and Vegetables
- Sunday– Grilled tilapia (seasoned with lemon pepper) and asparagus
Week 4– April 23rd- 29th
- Monday– Shepherd’s Pie
- Tuesday– Lemon Chicken and Broccoli
- Wednesday– Tacos
- Thursday–Garlic Cream skillet chicken with zoodles
- Friday– Burgers, oven roasted broccoli/cauliflower
- Saturday– Grilled Cilantro Lime chicken salad
- Sunday– Smoked Pork Butt (this rub is so good and can be made low carb with a different sweetener), green beans
If you are new to low-carb or keto eating, I shared my favorite low carb pantry items a few weeks ago that might be helpful. And be sure to check out my other low carb recipes and monthly meal plans too!
Pin it for later:
Love what you see??
Subscribe to get our weekly email updates and subscriber only freebies. You'll never miss out on recipes, DIY projects or helpful tips and life hacks.